The City Drive has always revolved around great, well-written songs. Already renowned for an outstanding pop record, the band is on to different landscapes as they grow musically. From catchy hooks and sing along anthems to cerebral epics, the next steps for the band have many anxiously awaiting.
THE CITY DRIVE: BIO HIGHLIGHTS
1. Myspace page has over 750,000 song plays, over 530,000 profile views and over 68,000 friends.
2. Played the Vans Warped Tour 2006 and returned in 2007 where they shared the Hurley stage with The Almost, Bayside, A Static Lullaby, Amber Pacific and The Spill Canvas.
3. Played with Aerosmith, Fleetwood Mac and Goo Goo Dolls in Hawaii for over 6,000 at a show hosted by Jay Leno in September '07
4. Voted #1 out of over 4500 bands in Bodog Battle of the Bands online voting in October '07
5. Played SXSW (South by Southwest) 2004.
6. Debut album Always Moving Never Stopping was released June 27, 2006 and spent five consecutive weeks at number one on Smartpunk.com.
7. Album was produced by Chris Fudurich (Jimmy Eat World, Armor For Sleep) and features backing vocals by Rachel Haden (Jimmy Eat World's Bleed American, Weezer, Beck).
8. Egocentral EP was released May 15, 2007. Pre-orders on Smartpunk.com immediately placed it at number 2 on the Top Sellers of The Week chart.
9. Featured on Entertainment Tonight Canada on June 27, 2007.
10. Songs can be heard in movies (Yours, Mine & Ours, American Pie: Band Camp) and on television (Celebrity Poker Showdown, Runaway).
11. Opened for multi-platinum-selling band Hoobastank and toured with Allister, Self Against City, Fletch and The Hanks.
12. Songs from Always Moving Never Stopping spent the summer and fall of 2006 playing in Gap and Old Navy stores across the country.
13. Regular appearances in respected music publications like Alternative Press magazine Revolt Media and Substream Music Press.
14. Danny from TCD has contributed works of poetry to Revolution on Canvas Volume 1 and 2. He's also had works published in Revolt Media, Substream Music Press magazine and Giant Robot magazine.
15. Danny interviewed Ben Jorgenson from Armor For Sleep in 2007 for Substream Music Press magazine.
16. Danny created 1888 Clothing, a clothing company which contributes 50% of all proceeds to the NRDC (Natural Resources Defense Council).
17. Danny produced the debut album for the Dallas-based band Kessler which will be released in 2007.
Danny Smith - vox, guitar, keys
Chris Perry - lead guitar
Jake Rodenhouse - bass
Marc Precilla - drums
LP - Always Moving Never Stopping (2006)
EP - Egocentral EP (2007)
Keep Your Eye On...
[+ Show ]
HQ: Los Angeles, CA NOW PLAYING: Always Moving Never Stopping (We The People) THE STORY SO FAR: Da...HQ: Los Angeles, CA
NOW PLAYING: Always Moving Never Stopping (We The People)
THE STORY SO FAR: Danny Smith is leading a pretty charmed life. When the Canadian-born frontman of the City Drive first moved to Los Angeles, he landed a plum acting gig opposite Mark Wahlberg in The Big Hit. Months later, he cleaned house on The Price Is Right. "It was the perfect scenario," remembers Smith. "I won a car; I won the whole Showcase Showdown; I got to spin the Big Wheel and meet Bob Barker. It was crazy." And now, having focused on writing sparkling pop-punk anthems, he's fronting a band who've already earned a mammoth online following. "[The internet] has been amazing for us," he says. "I don't know how the Rolling Stones did it back in the day, because it's been so crucial to us so far."
WHY YOU SHOULD KNOW 'EM: Produced by Chris Fudurich (Rx Bandits, somerset), Always Moving NEver Stopping is the perfect left-coast summer soundtrack. And chances are, you already know City Drive drummer Marc Precilla from this year's Black Clouds and Underdogs Tour. "They would go to shows, sit outside and play our album for kids on their iPods, or play acoustic, while I was at home booking our spring tour," says Smith. Thanks to their relentless DIY ethos- and those killer pop hooks- it seems a perfect storm might be forming around the City Drive. "And it's good to be at the center of that storm," Smith says laughing. - Tristan Staddon
2. Behind Closed Doors
6. Chasing You