Born and bred in the hills of North Carolina, amidst the decedents of moonshiners, holy rollers and mountain drifters, Markádam has been submersed in music since his childhood. Often referred to as a musical rubix cube, Markádam has made an art form out of being musically obscure. A unique mix of Pop-Rock-Soul and Folk arm Markádam with something a little different that that of the artists that have risen over the past few years.
A gypsy by birth Markádam has spent most of the past three years on the road, from colleges to festivals to theaters and coffeehouses, he has taken his music to the people. With 4 albums under his belt, his grass roots “plan of conversion” is taking effect one by one. From his debut album A Long Time Coming to his latest release Fortune Teller, Markádam has evolved as a singer-songwriter through the years, invoking artists of the past while weaving a new musical fusion of his own, he has managed to create a unique blend of song and music.
Opening for artists like EmmyLou Harris, Shelby Lynne, Nickel Creek, Roseanne Cash and The Kinleys.. just to name a few.. :-) has kept this Carolinian riding to coatails of his influeces, all while hoping to step out on his own with his forth coming 2008 release. Since his 1999 debut single, "Carefree World," the Carolina native has racked up his share of success, both on radio and with critics. He's scored 2 College/NPR radio hits with his debut CD (including "Lay Down My Mind") and earned nominations from INDIE artist network and the Carolina Arts Centré.
2007 finds Markádam hitting the road as well as the studio, with a full release planned for 2008 he is plotting a grassroots take over, all via the ever so lovely method of music.
Markádam - Guitar, Voclals
A Long Time Coming - 1998
My Own Little World - 2002
Markádam - 2004 (Cont. Christian Album)
Fortune Teller - 2006
[+ Show ]
• During 2002-03' MarkAdam performed over 280 concerts and appear on the same bill as The Kinleys, E...• During 2002-03' MarkAdam performed over 280 concerts and appear on the same bill as The Kinleys, Emmy Lou Harris and Roseanne Cash.
• MarkAdam received the Artist Achievement award from the Indie Artist Network in 2002, in recognition of his internet sales and song plays.
• Mark's song "Lay Down My Mind" appeared in the independent film "Land of Loneliness".
• During it's operation MarkAdam's fan club included members from the US, Germany, Russia, Japan and even South America.
• "My Own Little World" was the first official single released from the album of the same title. The song charted on the Gavin report chart and College Music Journal.
• Mark began recording his own material in the studio as young as age 13.
Set lists varies depending on venue. Enough material is ready for 45 mins sets to 3 hours. Sets are extremely diverse (song list can be provided) and are a 60/40 mix of originals/covers unless venue specifies otherwise).
Set Highlights Include Acoustic Covers of:
Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman
Missing - Everything But The Girl
Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House
Don't Mess Around With Jim - Jim Croce
Wicked Game - Chris Issak
Stand By Me - Ben E. King
Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
Everyday Is A Winding Road - Sheryl Crow
Wild World - Cat Stevens
Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry
Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley
Who Will Save Your Soul - Jewel
The Freshman - Verve Pipe
Under The Board Walk - The Drifters
and many many more....
There are no upcoming dates at this time.