Twenty7 is a 3-piece world music/rock band based in Los Angeles that plays modern rock with a fusion of ethnic music influences. The band sings original songs in both English and Turkish and some traditional Turkish cover songs with an added funk rock beat.
- In 2008, Twenty7 was selected as the house band for the legendary Whisky a Go Go and performed at the first annual Sunset Strip Music Festival in Hollywood.
- In 2009, the band appeared on national television an interview with MTV Turkey after it featured former Turkish model and current actress Janset (comparable to Angelina Jolie in the US) as a back-up vocalist in several concerts in Istanbul, Turkey.
- In 2011, respected US trade publication MUSIC CONNECTION named Twenty7 a top unsigned band of the year and compared the band's live performances to the likes of U2, Muse, and Queen.
- In 2012, the band's "No Chemical Love" from their Papatya EP was nominated for Best Indie Rock Song at the Artists in Music Awards and its single "Second Mind" was featured in the 2012-debuted film ABOUT CHERRY, starring James Franco (127 Hours), Heather Graham (The Hangover), and Dev Patel (Slumdog Millionaire). The band also performed at one of the largest music and art festivals in the United States with more than 60,000 attendees and was awarded an official 2012 Burning Man Award for excellence, inspiration, and beauty. Towards the end of 2012, Twenty7 joined one of Turkey's most established and successful rock bands called Gripin on their first US tour with stops in New York, Boston, Washington DC, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego.
- In 2013, Twenty7 performed with one of Turkey's most distinguished rock bands mor ve otesi as a special guest on a sold-out US West Coast tour and released its second EP called "Love is a Game."
VENUES PLAYED in LOS ANGELES:
1. The Viper Room
2. The Whisky a Go Go
3. The House of Blues
4. The Cat Club
5. Hard Rock Cafe
6. Molly Malone's
7. Harvard & Stone
8. The Good Hurt
9. The Crocker Club
10. The Joint
11. Seven Lounge
12. The Kibitz Room
13. El Cid
14. The Mint
15. The Satellite
VENUES PLAYED outside LOS ANGELES:
1. The LOFT, USCD (San Diego, CA)
2. The Griffin (San Diego, CA)
3. DROM (New York, NY)
4. The Middle East (Boston, MA)
5. Bayou (Washington, DC)
6. The Red Devil Lounge (San Francisco, CA)
7. Kimball's Carnival (Oakland, CA)
8. Red Hat Sports Bar (Haywarth, CA)
9. The Queen Mary (Long Beach, CA)
10. The Mask (Istanbul, Turkey)
11. Hayal Kahvesi (Istanbul, Turkey)
12. The Hall (Istanbul, Turkey)
13. The Buddha (San Pedro, Guatemala)
14. Suzy's Bar & Grill (Hermosa Beach, CA)
1. Sunset Strip Music Festival - August 2008 (Los Angeles, CA)
2. Foca Outdoor Rock Festival - August 2010 (Foca, Turkey)
3. I'm On A Boat Music Festival - March 2012 (Long Beach, CA)
4. Make Music Los Angeles Festival - June 2012 (Los Angeles, CA)
5. Burning Man - August 2012 (Black Rock Desert, NV)
6. 10th Annual LA Decompression Art & Music Festival - October 2012 (Los Angeles, CA)
7. Freedom Festival - November 2012 (San Diego, CA)
1. Cal State University East Bay
2. University of California, San Diego
3. Cal State University Northridge
4. University of Southern California
TELEVISION IN THE US
1. Jannus Live TV
2. California State University's ASI TV
3. MHz Networks’ national channel
5. Skope TV
6. Indie Band Channel (Spotlight for June 2011)
7. Music Mix USA
TELEVISION OUTSIDE THE US
3. Dream TV
1. KKUP 91.5FM (San Francisco)
2. KUSF 90.3FM (University of San Francisco)
3. KFAI (90.3FM Minneapolis | K294AM and 106.7FM West St. Paul, US)
4. Indie 100 (92.5FM Los Angeles)
5. Rock FM (94.5FM Istanbul, Turkey)
6. ITU Radio (103.8FM Istanbul, Turkey)
7. KSDT (University of California, San Diego)
9. FM102x (US)
10. Banana Peel Radio (Canada)
11. Radio UK International (UK)
12. Unheard Radio
13. Radyo Turkum
1. Music Connection
2. The Examiner
3. MTV Iggy
4. Campus Circle
5. Thrust Magazine
6. All Access Rock Music Magazine
7. Music Industry News Network
8. Raised on Indie
9. Vents Magazine
10. San Diego Magazine
11. University of San Diego Radio
12. Target Audience Magazine
14. Levantine Cultural Center Feature
15. Music Now Magazine
1. ViewBox Magazine
2. US Life Magazine
3. The Turkish Journal
4. ALATURKA e-newspaper
5. Turk North America
6. TimeOut Istanbul
7. Hurriyet Daily News
8. Haber Turk Gazete
12. Zaman Amerika
15. Turkish Life News
16. Blue Jean Magazine
1. No Chemical Love
2. Muhtemelen Ask (translated: Possible Love)
Available on YouTube or click on Video in the Sonicbids EPK
Okan Sarli - Vocals, Bass & Guitars
David McCullough - Drums
Murat Arikan - Guitars .
- November 2008: "Second Mind" (featured in a film called ABOUT CHERRY, starring James Franco and Heather Graham) and "Ali Turnam" singles
- December 2010: Papatya EP (2 songs on this EP are featured in a documentary called NO KILL on rescue dogs)
- May 2013: Love is a Game EP
News - Rising Stars Twenty7
"congratulations are in order"
News - Rock Band Twenty7 Named One Of The Hottest Live Unsigned Acts For 2011
"... a top unsigned act..."
News - Rock Band Twenty7 Nominated For Two All Indie Music Awards
Best Indie Rock and Best Folk/Acoustic Artist
News - First Turkish Rock Band to Perform at the Legendary Viper Room
"...exemplifies a stage presence unlike any other local band"
Live Show Review - Twenty7 at the Viper Room
"world-class act with the likes of U2, Queen, or Muse"
Live Show Review - Twenty7 at the House of Blues
"... vocals are akin to the Doors' Jim Morrison..."
Live Show Review - Twenty7 at The Loft
"...Twenty7 played an awesome show..."
Live Show Review - Twenty7 Rocks The Loft
"...fit right in at woodstock..."
Live Show Review - Twenty7 @ The Viper Room
...how much they have grown over time...
CD Review - Papatya
"This is good stuff!"
Music Video Review - Turkey/US Rockers Twenty7 Make Ears Bleed
Twenty7 Make Ears Bleed In “No Chemical Love”
Artist Interview - With Thrust Magazine
"...rock and roll's version of Rosetta Stone"
Artist Interview - With Vents Magazine
"The journey continues…"
Artist Interview - With Aj&dbs
"... more and more people enjoying..."
Artist Interview - With ViewBoxMagazine
[+ Show ]
January 2010 issue, page 40-45 Article available at: http://issuu.com/viewbox/docs/ocak?mode=emb...January 2010 issue, page 40-45
Article available at:
Artist Interview - With Music Now Magazine
... influence each other with our backgrounds...
Feature - Track of the Day
"Twenty7 has formed a sound and style of its own..."
Feature - Featured Artist in December 2010
"... with a vision to introduce his music style to a greater international audience..."
Feature - A Fusion of Middle Eastern Sounds with Rock in Twenty7
"Twenty7 adds Middle Eastern flavor to rock..."
Feature - Twenty7 on MTV
Twenty7 has been featured in tv in europe in 2009: MTV Turkey, VH1, numberone, haber34
Blog on Twenty7 - By Johnny Transistor
"Their music is nothing short of phenomenal"
Blog on Twenty7 - By Simge Ungor
Blog on twenty7 and the band's release of its first Turkish single "Muhtemelen Ask"
Coverage - Music Connection
A HOT 100 live unsigned artist/band
Coverage - The Guide
"...never-dying energy on stage..."
Coverage - Events & Activities Istanbul
Info on concert in Turkey
Coverage in "Music Insights" section - TimeOut
Info on concert in Turkey
Coverage - US Life Magazine
Twenty7 is one of the hottest live unsigned acts
Various press coverage in Turkey
[+ Show ]
Twenty7 has been featured in the following newspapers and magazines in turkey in 2009: hurriyet, a...Twenty7 has been featured in the following newspapers and magazines in turkey in 2009:
hurriyet, aktuel, timeout, in style, turkuvaz, istanbul life, zero, star
No Chemical Love
Love is a Game
Fall on You
Valley of Fire
Muhtemelen Ask (translated: Possible Love)
Iste Hendek (translated: Dig a Ditch)
Guzel Kadin (translated: Beautiful Woman)
Beyaz Bulut (translated: White Cloud)
Older songs/Repertoire --
Glowing in the Dark
Nacizane Bir Gece (translated: One Humble Night)
Irmak (translated: Creek)
Galiba (translated: Perhaps)
Oldumde Dondum (translated: Brought Back to Life)
There are no upcoming dates at this time.