Based in Ashburn, Va, Green Light at the End emerged into the DC Metro music scene in early 2009 initially as “the Resistance” with four seasoned musicians bringing together a different, yet powerful mix of musical styles. They have built a loyal following and have been compared to bands such as Death Cab for Cutie, Brand New, Civil Twilight and Nada Surf. They have been described to have a smooth indie rock sound with a bit of guts and elements of shoegaze that combine older and newer rock forms into an engaging mix. Think Radiohead if they were a bar band. Lead singer Chris Goodin’s emotional and thought-felt lyrics elegantly garnish the melodic undertones and warm texture of the guitars that are anchored by a thumping, yet rich rhythm section. Green Light at the End is lead singer/guitarist Chris Goodin, lead guitarist Gene Sim, bassist Mark Crosnicker and drummer Dave Horton.
Their first self-titled EP was released in October of 2010 and their first single, ‘You’re the One,’ has gotten radio play on Washington’s DC101 Local Lix. With booming drums, powerful guitars and heartfelt lyrics, ‘You’re the One’ is an infection love song that will make you wish it was longer than it is.
The band’s second EP, ‘These Old Ghosts,’ was released in January of 2012 and offers up a uniquely dusky and emotionally charged message.
Unlike their first EP, ‘These Old Ghosts’ was entirely self-produced by the band and shows the growth of the band’s song-writing and sound. Their first single, ‘Come Back to Me’ is currently on rotation on DC101’s Local Lix.
The band is currently working on their next EP set to release in the Spring of 2013.
Gene Sim 571-332-3235
- Jammin Java
- The Black Cat
- IOTA Club and Cafe
- The Velvet Lounge
- Adams Morgan Day Festival
- Celebrate Fairfax Festival
- Fairfax Corner Summer Concert Series
- Taste of Arlington
- The Grape Room
- Park Rock Festival
- Fat Tuesday's
- The Auld Shebeen
- The Soundry
- The Rock n Roll Hotel
Chris Goodin - Vocals and Guitar
Mark Crosnicker - Bass
Dave Horton - Drums and Vocals
Gene Sim - Lead Guitar
- The Resistance EP released October 2010
- 'You're the One' Single released September 2009
- 'You're the One' played on DC101 radio
- 'You're the One' Single available on iTunes, Rhapsody, CDbaby and many other music sites.
- 'These Old Ghosts' EP release date January 2012
- 'Come Back to Me' Single released September 2011
- 'Come Back to Me' played on DC101 radio
- 'These Old Ghosts' EP played on New Driven Radio February 2012
- 'These Old Ghosts' EP available on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon MP3
- 'Green Light at the End' EP set to release Spring 2013
There are no upcoming dates at this time.