vogelJoy's second full length album "A Friend Like You" is a colourful adventure of original music with a few additional surprises. "A Friend Like You" features a medley of family oriented songs in genres such as musical theatre, traditional, jazz, country and Caribbean. You will even hear a very enthusiastic children's chorus of vogelJoy's hometown friends.
Children and adults alike will find much enjoyment in these songs. Themes of friendship, family, peace, fun, dreams, life, liberty, goodness, victory, health and happiness resonate from beginning to end.
This family band has grown since their debut album in 2010, and this album definitely reflects their widening musical landscape; vogelJoy 2.0 is quite an appropriate subtitle! As children Sophie, Oliver and Louisa mature vocally, creatively and as performers, they each bring oodles of life to this album and the vogelJoy live show.
Singing and traveling together is a project and a pleasure; this album is a testament to the adage that music expands us as individuals and as a families. We wish the same for you!
See More! http://www.vogeljoy.com/aboutus
Kimberly Neudorf - Vocals, Percussion, flute
Terry Neudorf - Guitar, Piano, Percussion, Fiddle, brass
Louisa Neudorf - Vocals, Percussion
Oliver Neudorf - Vocals, Percussion
Sophie Neudorf - Vocals
We Have A Band (2010) ~ Full length CD
vogelJoy Live (2011) ~ Full length DVD
VogelJoy We Have a Band Children’s CD-Review
[+ Show ]
Mommy Kat and Kids vogelJoy CD Review: from Saskatchewan! My newest discovery in the world of Ca...Mommy Kat and Kids vogelJoy CD Review:
My newest discovery in the world of Canadian children’s music is a group that immediately brought a smile to my face because they’re not just a band…they’re a family. And what could be more appropriate than for a family to create music that families everywhere can ...
ONE TRACK MIND: Vogeljoy “Jenny Jenkins”
[+ Show ]
The girth of the Federal government, Wall Street regulation, DADT, Bristol Palin’s Tea-Party-driven ...The girth of the Federal government, Wall Street regulation, DADT, Bristol Palin’s Tea-Party-driven success on Dancing with the Stars, and kid’s singing on CDs; five of the most divisive issues facing America today. I’m not sure how our northerly neighbors feel about any of these hot button issues, but it’s clear that Ontario’s Vogeljoy lovingly embraces the last one.
Vogeljoy’s debut album “We Have A Band” is not short on pint-sized voices. As you might have guessed from the press photo above, the Canadian outfit is a true family band and as such the kids (ages 6, 4 & 2) are heavily involved. The results are a mixed bag, but one track that definitely benefits from the presence of a youngster is their cover of “Jenny Jenkins”, a song performed as a duet by daughter Louisa and her papa.
Fans of kids music old and new will likely be familiar with this number; Jerry Garcia and David Grisman recorded it for “Not for Kids Only” (where it’s also the lead track) and, more recently, Lisa Loeb attempted to find out if Ms. Jenkins would wear red (oh my dear, oh my dear) on a non-album mp3 single.
I thoroughly enjoy Vogeljoy’s energy and piano playing here. The tune, like most of the album from which it comes, has a ragtimey, old-Broadway feel to it. And Louisa’s singing? Pretty awesome actually. She’s comfortable and confident, and adorable!
Check out “Jenny Jenkins” by Vogeljoy via this photo montage video for the song:
* We make the set-list to fit for the event in which we perform.
* We have lots of great actions to teach and part songs to sing. We can get the group involved in learning a round, echos, and repeating. And offer lots of opportunities for kids to be involved: coming up to try an instrument, sing a part, act out in the story etc.
* Also we really LOVE to feature kid musicians at our shows. If you have a youth studying music that would like to come up and sing with us or play their instrument, show us their dance to one of our songs or perform something they wrote please contact us so we can make arrangements to put them in the show.
* Adult Audiences: eg. weddings/cocktails/special events -- requiring instrumental music. Flute music, violin, duets, solos, classical, hymns and jazz too. See: http://www.vogeljoy.com/blog.cfm?feature=1404609&postid=1177365
* Themes: We really like performing for themed concerts! And are open to writing music for your special event. Examples from 2011 include: Christmas Concerts and the Corn Maze http://www.vogeljoy.com/blog.cfm?category=8222
*Set Time: flexible. Let us know what you need!
30 Minute or 50-60 Minute Concert Set Features:
Lots of songs from our Debut CD and plenty of new and original songs by us too! Also we act out a story such as a fable or well known classic to music.
We look forward to singing and creating a memorable musical moment in your town!
vibrant songs : joyful play
PDF RidervogelJoy Rider
There are no upcoming dates at this time.