Greg Koons and The Misbegotten
Debut album was"One of the Top Ten Americana Albums in 2009" by PopMatters, Magnet Magazine, and the Little Lighthouse.Share
"The hard hurting freight of life and love live on a solid set of songs on this full length debut." No Depression
"This guy believes in his song." NPR
"A hidden gem for the adventurous listener." CMT.com
"An alt-country craftsman." The Philadelphia Inquirer
"Koons is a gifted songwriter who has a gift for finding the sad beauty and disappointments in every day life." Country Weekly
Greg Koons is currently booking both North American and European shows for 2012 and 2013. His critically acclaimed, debut album entitled Welcome to the Nowhere Motel was released last year on Kealon Records and distributed in North America via MRI/RED. In the last two years Greg has travelled over 42,000 miles, through 35 states, and played over 170 solo shows enroute to becoming one of the most highly regarded Americana performers in music today.
His latest record was co-produced by Matt Keating and Adam Lasus (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and Yo La Tengo) and recorded at Fireproof Studios in Los Angeles.
2010 Americana Music Association Festival Showcasing Artist
2010 and 2011 30-A Songwriting Festival Showcasing Artist
2008 SXSW Showcasing Artist
One of the Top Ten Americana Albums in 2009 by PopMatters, Magnet Magazine, and The Little Lighthouse.
Recieving Americana air-play nationwide and all over Europe (including the BBC).
His album currently recently reached #25 on the EuroAmericana Charts
One of The 12 Most Booked Artists on Sonicbids (In the last year Greg has played 170 gigs in 38 different states and travelled over 41,000 miles.)
CMT 2009 "Independent Artists to Watch"
Represented by Good Stuff PR, Nashville TN
Represented by Sneek Attack Online PR, NYC
Radio Promo and Management - Brian Long NYC
European Press - Hemifran
Greg Koons -717-991-0479
Welcome to the Nowhere Motel
1. Nowhere to Them, Somewhere to Me
2. Gentleman Prefer Blondes (But Drunks Like m, Too)
3. 2AM on Second Steet
4. Los Angeles Looks Prettier on TV
5. Candy ain't a Hooker No More
6. That's Not Me
7. A Picture of My Pa Before He died in Vietnam
8. New Boyfriend
9. Every Once in Awhile
10. There But by the Grace of God Go I.
12. Only Girl in Austin
Due to vary:
1. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (but Drunks Like'em, too.)
2. Nowhere to Them, Somewhere to Me
4. 2AM on Second Street
5. There but by the Grace of God go I
6. Los Angeles Looks a lot Prettier when you see it on TV
7. That's Not Me
8. Candy Ain't a Hooker No More
9. New Boyfriend
10. Every Once in Awhile
11. A Picture of My Pa before he died in Vietnam
12. Only Girl in Austin
13. You can't Hitchike in America No More
14. You Dare
15. Drive Thru Girl
16. I was there at the Scene of the Crime
17. Hollywood Ending
18. Hurtin Kind
19. Stuck Behind a Sunday Driver (On a Friday Night)
20. Damn these Empty, Lonely, Barroom Nights.