You have stumbled upon the New York University-born band, Julius C, at a pivotal point in the band's existence. Before the writing and recording of the group’s upcoming album "OK, OK" from which the songs on the "Don't Want Anybody" EP are culled, Julius C was pretty much imploding. The band's core duo of Vocalist/Guitarist Jay Stolar, Bassist Mike Tuccillo and Tuccillo's childhood friend, Keyboardist Jason Wexler, had grown to ten band members, and then the guys burned through four drummers, and then they managed to top that off with a couple of painful personal break-ups that left the band members feeling empty, lost, and disconnected from the music they were playing.
Cut to 2007 and it's not a pretty picture for a band that makes its name on propulsive, shiny pop songs with hooks-a-plenty. Willing to give it one last try, the guys moved into a cheap house with a broken Jacuzzi in Newark, NJ with new drummer, John Adamski. By the end of the year, Stolar and Tuccillo had both written enough material to fill their own records. Returning to Tucclillo and Wexler's hometown of Staten Island, Julius C spent the next six months consumed in writing, arranging, and producing "OK, OK." The rock-n-roll spirit of the record sits on top of stories of love, loss, and self discovery that make for a uniquely introspective while still explosively raw record. Now standing united and determined, Julius C is ready to share their sound with the world. No more imploding, only exploding from here.
Radio Play for "OK, OK":
"Julius C's 'Don't Want Anybody' is the highest-charting self-released record on the FMBQ Sub-Modern chart for the week of 9/29/10"
KACV - Amarillo, TX - http://kacvfm.org/
KBZT - San Diego, CA - http://www.fm949sd.com/
KFMA - Tucson, AZ - http://www.kfma.com/
KTCL - Denver, CO - http://www.ktcl.com/
KUSF - San Francisco, CA - http://www.kusf.org/
WBJB/Altrok - Ocean, NJ - http://www.wbjb.org/
WEND - Charlotte, NC - http://www.1065.com/
WEQX2 - Albany, NY - http://www.weqx.com/
WHHZ - Gainesville, FL - http://www.1005thebuzz.com/
WKGB - Binghamton, NY - http://www.925kgb.com/
WKZQ - Myrtle Beach, SC - http://www.wkzq.net/
WSFM - Wilmington, NC - http://surf983.com/
WTFX - Louisville, KY - http://www.foxrocks.com
- Julius C will play their 5th annual summer camp tour during the summer of 2010, playing at over 30 camps in the Northeast with sponsors including Paiste, Pro-Mark, Hartke, and Shure, playing for over 20,000 kids, teens and young adults
- Julius C has performed at Colleges around the northeast including SUNY Purchase, NYU, Rutgers University, Cornell University, Wagner College, Stonybrook University, and Ithaca College
- Julius C placed 1st in the Emergenza International Competition out of all of the bands in NYC. They placed 2nd out of 2000 bands at the National Final at Webster Hall.
- Julius C was picked by the Emergenza International Competition to be one of two bands on the Emergenza B.E.S.T. Tour. They were chosen out of 4000 bands in North America, and played 30 dates across the Northeast.
- Julius C has distributed over 20,000 CDs of their original music
- Julius C played at the RedGorilla festival in Austin, Texas in March 2007 and March 2008
- Julius C played at the CMJ Music Marathon in NYC in October 2006, 2008, and 2009
- Julius C played at the Atlantis Music Festival in Atlanta, GA in September 2007
Julius C Says... - 2007
Don't Want Anybody EP - 2009
Don't Want Anybody - Single, Music Video - 2010
Ok, Ok - 2010
Julius C typically plays one set of 45-60 minutes in length, but has played as many as 3 sets at some clubs, and can play approximately 90 minutes of original music and 2 hours of covers.