"Gutsy, fiery delivery. 5 Stars."
-All Music Guide (US)
"Truly, one of the most original artists I have heard in a long, long time."
-Music News Nashville (US)
“Let nothing stop you from listening to Tori Sparks.”
-Freddy Celis, Rootstime (Belgium)
“Tori really manages to convey all the emotions that a human can feel.”
-Sanna Olson, Ikon magazine (Germany)
“The talented Tori Sparks…[is] a knockout!"
-The Village Voice (US)
“Flawless work… It's hard to find comparisons… Magnificent!"
-Jean-Jacques Corrio, Le Cri du Coyote (France)
“You should not miss the opportunity to listen to Tori Sparks, because when music contains true beauty, it crosses cultures and borders.”
- Carlos T. Nortwinds, Rock In Spain (Spain)
Tori Sparks is based in Barcelona, Spain, recently relocated from Nashville. She spends most of her time on the road all over the world. She speaks and sings in English, French and Spanish. Tori books and plays over 200 concerts each year, including festivals such as the Montreux Jazz Festival, the Bele Chere Music Festival, American MusicFest, and many more. She has been interviewed and featured by television and radio stations, magazine, newspapers, and blogs across the globe. Notables include The Los Angeles Times, NPR, Catalunya Radio, the Village Voice, CMJ.com, Americana UK, Rock in Spain, and Paste, others.
Tori Sparks' fourth album, Until Morning/Come out of the Dark (Glass Mountain Records, marks her third musical collaboration with producer David Henry (R.E.M., Josh Rouse, The Cowboy Junkies), and her first with Roger Moutenot (Yo La Tengo, Elvis Costello, Velvet Underground, Rosanne Cash).
Until Morning/Come out of the Dark is not a traditional album, but a double EP - a study in dichotomy. The first disc, Until Morning, reflects the dark, sensual, even diabolical side of Tori's vocal and songwriting skill. The second disc, Come Out of the Dark, is tumbleweed Americana meets fragile folk, or the dawn that follows the darkness -- in a word, the hope that love can bring.
Sparks' last three albums (Rivers + Roads, Under This Yellow Sun, The Scorpion in the Story) climbed the Americana and College charts in the US and overseas, have been licensed by MTV, Lifetime, Oxygen, the Travel Channel, the SciFi Channel, Lufthansa Airlines, E! News, and others. She and the band performed for the Los Conciertos de Radio 3 in Madrid in 2011. Tori is known as a champion of the DIY business model, and regularly speaks on at universities, performing arts schools, music conferences and festivals (SXSW, Folk Alliance, Woodsongs, WOMEX, others).
Please see www.torisparks.com for news, tour dates, music, photos, adventures and more.
Interested in booking Tori to play or speak at your university?
NACA (COLLEGE) RECOMMENDATIONS:
"She was phenomenal! Tori's performance was soulful, intellectual, with a spice of witty and comical yet appropriate commentary. ...She has an engaging style of performance that is suitable for many different environments. I would fully recommend Tori Sparks to perform at your institution/venue. You will not regret it!"
--Jon Umbdenstock; Student Affairs Administrator (University of Texas at Austin)
"Tori... was totally professional throughout the event. Tori's show was lively and her style was very appealing to our students, staff and faculty. ...We received a lot of positive feedback on Tori's performance and would be delighted to book her again in the future. It is with no reservation that I recommend you employ Tori Sparks to perform at your next institution/venue. You will not regret it!"
--Jack Montgomery; Associate Professor, Chair, Java City Live Entertainment Committee (Western Kentucky University at Bowling Green)
"Tori Sparks... writes her own songs, owns her own record label and publishing company - is basically a one-woman operation... She is notorious for her blend of quirky humor and fiery delivery and has fused a sound and a style that is unmistakably her own."
--Dave Fiore, Florida State Times (Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL)
“Tori Sparks has tremendous musical talent with many songs that appealed to our students, and she was easy to work with regarding performance set up and sponsorship. Tori really made our party very enjoyable. She interacted with the audience during the party very professionally and positively. I really enjoyed hosting Tori, and wholeheartedly encourage you to consider her for contemporary musical performances.”
--Benjamin Kramer, Activities Counselor (New River Community College, Dublin VA)
"Tori Sparks was a great addition to our concert series! Her rich vocals and engaging stories drew a crowd. She connected with the students like few artists I’ve seen. We can’t wait to have her back on campus!"
--Janet Kasper, Office of Student Activities and Events (Lone Star College, Conroe TX)
"Tori Sparks knocked me for a loop! While watching her perform, one thought consistently came to mind: Tori doesn’t just play the songs, she FEELS them. Simply - dynamic! I’m a hard-core fan since she visited our college and I can't wait to see her again!"
--Richard Maitri, Media Specialist (New River College, Dublin VA)
More recommendations (house concerts, universities, conferences) available on request. Please see the “Press” section for live and album reviews.
Tori Sparks - Vocals, Acoustic Guitars (Steel and Gut String)
El Rubio - Electric Guitar
Ramon Vague - Fretless Bass
Javi Garcia - Percussion, Drums
* Tori Sparks: Live at the Rutledge (Glass Mountain Records, 2012 - Digital Release Only) [DVD Soundtrack]
*Until Morning/Come Out of the Dark (Vinyl Edition) (Glass Mountain Records, 2011)
*Until Morning/Come Out of the Dark (Double-Disc)(Glass Mountain Records, 2011)
* The Scorpion in the Story (Glass Mountain Records, 2009) - TOP 20 (EUROPEAN AMERICANA RADIO CHARTS) - TOP 100 (US AMERICANA RADIO CHARTS) - TOP 5 (SWEDISH ROOTS CHART)
* The Scorpion in the Story - Deluxe Version (Glass Mountain Records, 2009)
* Under This Yellow Sun (Glass Mountain Records, 2007)
* Little Stories EP (Digital Release Only - Glass Mountain Records, 2007)
* Rivers + Roads (Platinum Plus Universal, 2005)
* Tidewaters EP (Independent Released, 2003)
* "Mama" (Glass Mountain Records, 2011)
* "Letter to a Wretch #2" Featuring Shawn Mullins. (Glass Mountain Records, 2010)
* "Little Wrecking Ball" from The Scorpion in the Story (Glass Mountain Records, 2010).
* "Merry Go-Round" from the Scorpion in the Story (Glass Mountain Records, 2009)
* "Cold War" from Under This Yellow Sun. (Glass Mountain Records, 2007)
* "Caged Bird" from Under This Yellow Sun. (Glass Mountain Records, 2007)
* "Pale Sorghum Lo-Fi Blues" from Pale Sorghum Lo-Fi Blues Duet with D.W. DeHart. (DeHorn Boys Music, 2007)
* "Hope for Me" Christmas Single (Glass Mountain Records, 2007)
* "Trouble" from Rivers + Roads. (Platinum Plus, 2005)
* "Rivers + Roads" from Rivers + Roads. (Platinum Plus, 2005)
MUSIC and LIVE CONCERT VIDEOS:
*"Sinner's Shoes" - Live Concert Video (Glass Mountain Records, 2013)
*"La LLorona" - Live Concert Video (Glass Mountain Records, 2013)
*"Leaving Side of Love" - Live Concert Video (Glass Mountain Records, 2013)
*"Mama" - Music Video. (Glass Mountain Records, 2011)
* Tori Sparks: Live at the Rutledge (Glass Mountain Records, 2009) [Full-length concert DVD]
* "Merry Go-Round" - Music Video. (Glass Mountain Records, 2009)
* "Cold War" - Music Video. (Glass Mountain Records, 2007)
* The Making of Under This Yellow Sun: Tori Sparks with Producer David Henry. (Glass Mountain Records, 2007)
* Behind the Scenes: Screen Printing Madness with Tori Sparks (Glass Mountain Records, 2007)
* Rivers + Roads - Music Video (Platinum Plus Universal, 2005). Included bonus feature Live at the Gibson Showcase Theater.
These and a number of live television performances/interviews are available at the Glass Mountain Records YouTube Channel.