Hi there! It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For the best experience on our site, please upgrade your browser.
Billboard Magazine presents: Billboard Discoveries
Posted by: Billboard Discoveries
Don't miss your LAST CHANCE to submit to Billboard Discoveries. This is a different kind of gig listing that we're offering our members from Billboard. Billboard Discoveries is a review service that offers artists impartial, objective reviews of their work, written in the same format and to the same standard of professionalism and expertise as a traditional Billboard review. These reviews can be an unbelievably valuable promotional tool for artists./n/nBillboard Discoveries is a song/album review service that offers artists impartial, objective reviews of their work, written in the same format and to the same standard of professionalism and expertise as a traditional Billboard review.
This is different from other Sonicbids Gig Listings, in that all artists that submit will receive this critique from Billboard Discoveries**. These reviews can be a valuable tool for promoting artists to promoters, labels, and fans. This is an asset that until now, has not been afforded to independent artists.
Expedited reviews are available.
|NOTE: The review services of Billboard and Billboard Discoveries are separate and independent. Billboard does not charge for reviews.|
What Youll Get from a Billboard Discoveries Review:
- The Billboard brand and reputation as one of the most recognized and respected authorities in music. A review by Billboard Discoveries offers a credible, powerful voice to your work.
- Unbiased, professional reviews by experienced reviewers who specialize in certain fields. Country music is reviewed by experienced country reviewers, for example, and reggae is reviewed by reggae experts.
- A review on all the songs in your Sonicbids Electronic Press Kit (about 150 words for albums and 130 words for singles) in the same quality and style of writing as standard Billboard reviews (Discoveries reviews do not include ratings). Reviews can be used in their entirety or excerpts for marketing and advertising purposes.
What You Wont Get from Billboard Discoveries:
- Any guarantee of a positive review. Billboard Discoveries reviews are honest and impartial and run the gamut from glowing to scathing to everything in between. By upholding Billboards rigorous editorial standards, we ensure these reviews retain their integrity and remain meaningful.
- Publication or exposure in Billboard Magazine or Billboard.com. Reviews you receive from the Billboard Discoveries service are yours only: discretion over how they are shared or promoted is exclusively yours, and neither Billboard Discoveries nor Billboard will share them publicly or with any third party.
** If, in the unlikely event that Billboard Discoveries does not offer a review, your credit card will be refunded in full.
Terms and Conditions
This Agreement (Agreement") is made on the date set forth below (Effective Date") by and between the person or entity whose name and address are set forth below ("Customer" or you"), and Nielsen Business Media, Inc. (NBM"). By signing below or submitting a request for a review (the Review") of your songs (the Songs") by the Billboard division of NBM, Customer hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. You may not cancel this Agreement. However, NBM is under no obligation to provide the Review even if you sign this Agreement and submit payment. If NBM elects to provide the review, the Review process will begin after you submit both payment and this signed and dated Agreement. Standard reviews are generally completed and returned to Customer within seven to nine weeks, while expedited reviews are generally completed and returned to Customer within three to four weeks but there is no guarantee as to timing. Review will be no less than 150 words in length. If NBM declines to provide a Review, Customers payment will be returned to Customer.
2. A Review will be based on all the songs in your Sonicbids Electronic Press Kit on the condition that it does not contain more than 15 songs.
3. Customer may reproduce the Review partially or in its entirety for marketing or promotional purposes only. Customer may not add words to, or alter the integrity of the Review. In each use of the Review, Customer must include a prominent credit attributing the Review to Billboard Discoveries" (not Billboard Reviews"). If Customer incorrectly attributes the Review to Billboard Reviews," it must correct this error immediately, whether or not requested by NBM.
4. NBM will provide an objective, but not necessarily favorable, Review. No second reviews or refunds will be granted, regardless of the content or nature of the Review. NBM specifically disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties against non-infringement, and implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Customer has no legal recourse, and may not threaten or commence litigation, if it does not agree with the Review or finds it objectionable. Revisions of the Review will be considered only if it contains factual errors. Any revisions will be made at NBMs discretion.
5. The Review process is anonymous. Customer will not be informed of the individual chosen to write the Review. Customer cannot specifically choose a reviewer, nor make any requirements regarding the reviewers age, gender, race, religion or professional background. Under no circumstances will Customer receive the reviewers personal information.
6. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to submit the Songs for a Review. Customer releases NBM, its affiliates, employees and reviewers, and shall indemnify, defend and hold them harmless from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses, claims, costs and fees (including attorneys fees) related to or arising in connection with the Review and any breach of this Agreement.
7. Customer may not assign this Agreement. This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements between NBM and Customer. This Agreement shall be construed and interpreted according to the laws of the State of New York without respect to its conflicts of law provisions and shall be binding upon the parties hereto, their heirs, successors, permitted assigns and representatives. Customer hereby submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in New York County, NY, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and settle any and all matters involving the parties.
Apply by Dec 15, 2009
The listing does not currently accept applications.