Hi there! It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For the best experience on our site, please upgrade your browser.
International Songwriting Competition 2012
Posted by: International Songwriting Competition
This gig is not currently accepting applications. We think you might like these similar gigs.
In the spirit of the upcoming holidays, ISC 2012, in partnership with Sonicbids, is reopening submissions for FIVE DAYS ONLY (Dec. 17-21), and the fee is a very discounted $25 per entry. All entries will be eligible for ISC and this special "Stocking Stuffer" promotion. Below is a list of this year's prizes (for the stocking stuffer promotion - which are in ADDITION to the $150,000 in cash prizes that all entries will ALSO be eligible for in ISC 2012):
- $1,000 from ISC
- 2-week cover-photo feature on Sonicbids Facebook page
- Half-day video shoot with StudioNow worth approximately $3,000
- A fully functional six stringed oil can guitar from Bohemian Guitars
- $500 worth of gear from the Jansport store
- 300 replicated CDs in jewel cases from Disc Makers (the winner will be responsible for shipping)
- JamHub Bedroom that allows you to play as loud as you want without keeping the neighbors up from JamHub
- PreSonus Studio One professional recording, mixing and mastering software (retail value $599) from PreSonus
ISC is the premier international songwriting competition in the world, offering more categories, the largest cash Grand Prize, more international winners, and the most prestigious judges (see below) of any songwriting competition. Renowned for its high caliber of winners and judges, ISC offers you the chance to join the last two year's Grand Prize Winners & Sonicbids members Kasey Chambers and Kimbra (and many more) in having your music heard by some of the most high-profile and influential figures in the music industry, from iconic recording artists to record label presidents!
Enter now for your chance to reach ISC's 2012 Judges Panel
Recording Artists: Tom Waits, Jeff Beck, Nas, Bernie Taupin, Simon Le Bon & Roger Taylor (Duran Duran), Suzanne Vega, Tegan And Sara, Martina McBride, Susan Tedeschi & Derek Trucks, Bruce Hornsby, Keane, Billy Currington, Mark Foster (Foster The People), McCoy Tyner, Wynonna, Francesca Battistelli, Chris Hillman (The Byrds, The Flying Burrito Brothers), Janelle Monae, Gerald Casale (Devo), Michael W. Smith, Alejandro Sanz, Jeremy Camp, John Mayall, Craig Morgan, James Cotton, Sandra Bernhard, Ketch Secor (Old Crow Medicine Show), Robert Earl Keen, Matt Thiessen (Relient K), Black Francis (The Pixies), Basement Jaxx, Anoushka Shankar, Robert Smith (The Cure), Darryl McDaniels (Run D.M.C.), Toots Hibbert (Toots & The Maytals), Bill Evans, Los Temerarios, Anthony Hamilton, Brian Setzer, Avicii
Industry Executives: Monte Lipman (President, Universal Republic Records), Dan McCarroll (President, Capitol/Virgin Label Group), Ed Vetri (President, Wind-Up Records), Jonas Nachsin (President, Roadrunner Records), Bruce Iglauer (Founder/President, Alligator Records), Angel Carrasco (Sr. VP A&R, Latin America, Sony/BMG), Richard Stumpf (President, Imagem Music US), Albert Schilcher (VP Music & Music Mktg, MTV International), Cory Robbins (Founder/President, Robbins Entertainment), Lori Tieg (VP of Talent, VEVO), Anastasia Brown (Music Supervisor, FORMAT), Dr. Demento (Radio Host, The Dr. Demento Show), Allison Jones (VP of A&R, Big Machine Label Group), Steve Lillywhite (Producer), Dan Storper (President, Putamayo World Music Records and Putumayo Kids), Kim Buie (Head of A&R, Thirty Tigers), Douglas C. Cohn (Sr. VP, Music Marketing & Talent, Nickelodeon), Jack Vaughn (VP, Comedy Central Records), Jamie Masada (Owner, Laugh Factory), Leib Ostrow (Founder/CEO, Music For Little People)
ISC categories include: AAA (Adult Album Alternative), Adult Contemporary (AC), Americana, Blues, Children's Music, Comedy/Novelty, Country, Dance/Electronica, Folk/Singer-Songwriter, Gospel/Christian, Instrumental, Jazz, Latin Music, Lyrics Only, Music Video, Performance*, Pop/Top 40, R&B/Hip-Hop, Rock, Teen**, Unsigned Only*** and World Music.
Please note: You may submit as many songs as desired in each category or enter the same song in more than one category.
*This category is based not only on songwriting but also the overall performance and delivery of the song. All genres of music are accepted in this category.
**All songwriters entering the Teen category must be 18 yrs. old or younger by December 31, 2012. All genres of music are accepted in this category. Entering this category does not exclude you from entering other categories as well.
***Any song entered into the Unsigned Only category must also be entered into at least one other category. Entrants in this category cannot be signed to major label record company or have distribution through a major label or its affiliates.
Terms And Conditions
1. All entries submitted must be original songs and shall not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Songs may have multiple co-writers, but only one name should be designated on the entry form. Entrant shall, by entering, indemnify and hold ISC harmless from and against any claims inconsistent with the foregoing.
2. ISC is open to all amateur and professional songwriters and anyone regardless of nationality or origin. Employees of ISC, its families, subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible. If entrant is under 18 years old, the signature of a parent or guardian is required.
3. Entrant may submit as many songs as desired in each category. Entrant may also enter the same song in more than one category. All entry fees are non-refundable. ISC does not give feedback or a critique to entrants.
4. ISC is not responsible for incomplete entries.
5. ISC reserves the right to extend the entry deadline and increase or reduce entry fees for special promotions and/or entry deadline periods.
6. Entries will be screened by an ISC listening committee who will select the finalists, and the finalists will be sent to the judges who will select the winners. The judging committee consists of high-profile music industry professionals including record label executives, producers, and artists. Songs are judged equally on melody, composition, originality, and lyrics (when applicable). Lyrics may be in any language. Production value and quality of performance will not be considered (except in the Performance category). All prizes will be awarded to the first name as it appears on the entry form, and division of prizes among co-authors is the responsibility of winners.
7. Eligibilty for the Unsigned Only category: Any song entered into the Unsigned Only category must also be entered into at least one other category. Entrants in this category cannot be signed to or have any affiliation with a major label record company (Sony BMG, EMI Group, Universal Music Group, or Warner Music Group or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or imprints) or have distribution through a major label or its affiliates. Entrants who are on independent labels, their own label, or no label are eligible to enter. Entrants may not enter any song into this category that is owned, wholly or partly, by any publishing company. These eligibility requirements apply only to the Unsigned Only category. Entries in this category will be eligible for the Grand Prize.
8. ISC 2012 finalists will be announced in February, 2013 and winners in April, 2013. ISC will post all results on its website and will notify entrants by email that results are posted. Entrant is responsible for providing up-to-date and correct email addresses to ISC. ISC is not responsible for entrant's non-receipt of any ISC emails for any reason, including but not limited to, server or email malfunctions.
9. ISC will use its best efforts to announce the winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays. Winners will be notified by email or phone. Winners may be required to sign an affidavit confirming that winner's song is original and he/she holds rights to the song. Failure to sign and return the form within the required time period or provision of false information may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Affidavits are subject to verification by ISC and its agents. Entry constitutes permission to use winner's name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
10. There will be no transfer and substitution of prizes except as necessary due to availability in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. If it is necessary to substitute a prize, ISC reserves the right to give the winner a cash substitute determined by the wholesale value of the prize. All winners agree to release ISC and sponsors from all liability regarding prizes won. All federal, state, and local taxes, and customs fees, when applicable, are the sole responsibility of winner. ISC will not pay any winners' taxes or custom's fees. Prizes will be sent out within a reasonable amount of time, and ISC will use its best efforts to send prizes out in a timely fashion. Prizes which are being sent to winners from Sponsors may take longer than prizes sent directly from ISC. If after 180 days any winner has not received any portion of prizes, it is winner's responsibility to notify ISC in writing within 30 days, and by certified mail, as to which prizes are outstanding. If winner fails to notify ISC, ISC will no longer be responsible for delivery of prizes.
11. Entrant agrees that should his/her song(s) be selected as a winner, ISC shall have the right to include the winning song(s) on an ISC Compilation CD to be used for promotional purposes only. The CD will not be for sale.
12. Entrant retains all ownership rights to all submitted song(s). ISC will not have any ownership rights to any song(s) submitted.
13. Entrant acknowledges that all songs entered may be distributed to judges who will be selecting the winners, and Entrant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold ISC, its sponsors, and judges harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in ISC.
14. By entering ISC, entrant and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of ISC and its judges which are final and binding in all matters. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official ISC Rules And Regulations as established herein.