Hi there! It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For the best experience on our site, please upgrade your browser.
John Lennon Songwriting Contest: NOLA Jazz Contest
Posted by: John Lennon Songwriting Contest
This gig is not currently accepting applications. We think you might like these similar gigs.
PLEASE NOTE: You must be a Louisiana state resident to qualify.
In celebration of New Orleans great Jazz history, upload your original songs for your chance to shine as a songwriter! Open exclusively to Louisiana state residents, the John Lennon Songwriting Contest and John Lennon Educational Tour Bus are offering you this special opportunity for free!
Songs will be judged by the renowned New Orleans jazz musicians, The Preservation Hall Jazz Band, and evaluated based on melody, composition, originality and lyrics (when applicable) to determine the Grand Prize Winner and two (2) finalists. Winners will be announced Friday, April 20, 2012.
Grand prize winner will win:
- Avid prize pack containing an MBox with Pro Tools 10, an M-Audio Key Station Mini along with Sibelius 7
- Epiphone Inspired By John Lennon Casino guitar
- ATM510 microphone from Audio-Technica
- Live on-board recording session on the Lennon Bus
- A free entry into either Session I, 2012 or Session II, 2012 of the John Lennon Songwriting Contest!
Two (2) finalists will also win a free entry into either Session I, 2012 or II the JLSC (normally $30) where they will contend to win huge prizes packs and our $20K Song of the Year Prize.
A completed entry consists of recorded music and lyrics (when applicable). Please note, the quality of performance and production will not be considered during judging. For additional information, please refer to the Rules and Regulations.
Terms And Conditions
1. Each song submitted must be contestant's original work. Songs may not exceed five (5) minutes in length. Songs may have multiple co-writers, but please designate one name only on the application. Contestant may submit as many songs in as many categories as he/she wishes, but each entry requires a separate cassette, CD, or MP3 file, entry form, lyric sheet, and entrance fee. One check or money order for multiple entries/categories is permitted. (Entrance fee is non-refundable. JLSC is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen, or misappropriated entries. The JLSC is not responsible for faulty file uploads accompanying online entries.)
2. The John Lennon Songwriting Contest is conducting 2 separate Contests during 2012 - Session I and Session II. Twelve (12) Grand Prize winning songs from each Session (one from each category) will receive $5,000 in project studio equipment from Roland/Edirol/Boss, Ableton, Sibelius, Audio-Technica, Gibson and Epiphone, and Propellerhead, and a $500 gift certificate from MusiciansFriend.com. The 12 Grand Prize Winners in each Session will go head-to-head in an online voting competition to become the Lennon Award Winner in their respective category. The 12 Lennon Award Winners will receive $1000 in Mackie, Ampeg, and Blackheart products, and 1,000 CDs in full color, premium 6-panel Digipaks, worth $1,990 courtesy of Disc Makers. Thirty-six (36) Finalists from each Session will receive $100 gift certificates from Musiciansfriend.com and an Apple iPod Shuffle. One (1) Lennon Award winning song will receive an Apple Computer, Cinema Display, Logic Pro software, a Mackie Mixer and Studio Monitors, A $1000 scholarship to Digital Media Academy, and $20,000 for the "Song of the Year" courtesy of Maxell.
3. Contest is open to amateur and professional songwriters. Employees of JLSC, their families, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible.
4. Winners will be chosen by a select panel of judges comprised of noted songwriters, producers, and music industry professionals. Songs will be judged based on melody, composition, originality and lyrics (when applicable). The quality of performance and production will not be considered. Prizes will be awarded jointly to all authors of any song; division of prizes is responsibility of winners. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The JLSC reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
5. One (1) band will be selected by WARPED TOUR organizers to tour and perform for one week on WARPED TOUR 2012. Performance of the song will be considered for this special prize.
6. Winners will be notified by email and must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/recording rights/publicity release within 14 days of notification date. The affidavit will state that winner's song is original work and he/she holds all rights to song. Failure to sign and return such affidavit within 14 days or provision of false/inaccurate information therein will result in immediate disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Affidavits for winners under 18 years of age at time of award must be countersigned by parent or legal guardian. Affidavits subject to verification by JLSC and its agents. Entry constitutes permission to use winner's names, likenesses, and voices for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
7. CDs, cassettes, and lyrics will not be returned.