Hi there! It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For the best experience on our site, please upgrade your browser.
The John Lennon Songwriting Contest and the 2014 NAMM Show
Posted by: John Lennon Songwriting Contest |
The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus will be hosting performances at the 2014 NAMM Show, taking place January 23-26, 2014 in Anaheim, CA. There are TWO slots available for Sonicbids members. Each winner will receive a performance slot at the NAMM show and will also bring home an Epiphone Casino guitar*, a JamHub BedRoom, a Neutrik Special Edition John Lennon Educational Tour Bus Cable, and a live professional audio/video multicam recording of one song from The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus! Performers should be singer/songwriters, acoustic pop, rock and folk artists. Selected artists will be responsible for their own travel, accommodations and expenses.
In addition, all submitting artists will receive a free submission to the 2013 John Lennon Songwriting Contest. You will be entered into Session II, 2013 of The John Lennon Songwriting Contest at no additional cost; you will be eligible to win tons of prizes along with the chance to win the $20,000 'Song of the Year' prize!
Please note: All live performances are 45 minute sets and will take place between Thursday, January 23rd-Saturday, January 25th. Stage location and time slots will be determined by the JLSC. *Epiphone guitar model will be determined by the JLSC.
Founded in 1901, NAMM has been the engine driving the music products industry, enabling both large and small businesses to maximize productivity and reduce the costs of doing business. With more than 9,000 Members in the United States and 100+ other countries, NAMM is ultimately dedicated to expanding the market and giving people of all ages the opportunity to experience the proven benefits of making music.
Terms and Conditions
1. Each song submitted must be contestant's original work. Songs may not exceed five (5) minutes in length. Songs may have multiple co-writers, but please designate one name only on the application. Contestant may submit as many songs in as many categories as he/she wishes, but each entry requires a separate cassette, CD, or MP3 file, entry form, lyric sheet, and entrance fee. One check or money order for multiple entries/categories is permitted. (Entrance fee is non-refundable. JLSC is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen, or misappropriated entries. The JLSC is not responsible for faulty file uploads accompanying online entries.)
2. Winners and the Song of the Year. Winners, based on their level of achievement, will receive Studio Equipment from Avid, Roland and Boss, Audio-Technica, Gibson Guitars and Epiphone, Propellerhead, JamHub, Neutrik, Mackie and Ampeg. The writer(s) of the Song of the Year, the highest honor bestowed in the contest, will receive a $20,000 check as well as an Avid prize pack, a Mackie Mixer, a Pair of Mackie Studio Monitors, and a $1,000 Gift certificate to Digital Media Academy.
3. Contest is open to amateur and professional songwriters. Employees of JLSC, their families, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible.
4. Winners will be chosen by a select panel of judges comprised of noted songwriters, producers, and music industry professionals. Songs will be judged based on melody, composition, originality and lyrics (when applicable). The quality of performance and production will not be considered. Prizes will be awarded jointly to all authors of any song; division of prizes is responsibility of winners. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. The JLSC reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
5. Winners will be notified by email and must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/recording rights/publicity release within 14 days of notification date. The affidavit will state that winner's song is original work and he/she holds all rights to song. Failure to sign and return such affidavit within 14 days or provision of false/inaccurate information therein will result in immediate disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Affidavits for winners under 18 years of age at time of award must be countersigned by parent or legal guardian. Affidavits subject to verification by JLSC and its agents. Entry constitutes permission to use winner's names, likenesses, and voices for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
6. CDs, cassettes, and lyrics will not be returned.
Apply by Nov 12, 2013
The listing does not currently accept applications.