The Music Industry Conference New York State is a two-day networking event bringing together cutting edge artists in all genres alongside todays leading music industry leaders.
MICNYS will play host to over 4,000 MIC attendees and nearly 100 artists, who will showcase across more than 10 venues. 50 slots at MICNYS are reserved for Sonicbids artists. Each selected artist will receive badges to attend the conference (that's a $50 value for each badge)./n/nMIC is an annual two-day networking event bringing together cutting edge artists, groundbreaking bands, professional musicians and original music of all genres alongside todays leading music industry leaders. MIC strives to serve as a launching ground for intellectual and creative networking, while nurturing career growth and contributing to the building of professional relationships. Sonicbids has worked with MICNYS to secure at least 50 slots for Sonicbids artists at Music Industry Conference 2011.
The event will feature Max Weinberg as a performer and keynote speaker and Bob Lefsetz as a speaker. Also other speakers that will be at the conference will be Moses Avalon, Martin Atkins, Peter Spellman, Matt Ramone, and Harvey Leeds. The Syracuse New Times (a weekly paper with a circulation of 40,000 and readership of 100,000), and a number of local radio stations will be covering the event.
Conveniently located in Syracuse, NY, the Convention Center at Oncenter will play host to over 4,000 MIC attendees, and there will be over 10 stages to catch the excitement of the best live music from artists around the US & Canada. Each selected band will receive badges to attend the conference (that's a $50 value for each badge). Bands are also encouraged to sell their merchandise and retain all revenue.
MIC presents artists with the opportunity to:
- fuse with managers, labels, promoters, press, Internet media outlets, fellow artists and other top music industry professionals>/li>
- Build business interest and relationships at the MIC trade show
- Educate and explore at the MIC panel discussions, presenting a forum of topics for learning various aspects of the music industry
- Create, develop and refine their craft at a variety of MIC hands-on workshops the perfect outreach forum for high school and college music students hungry to learn about music related career paths
- Discover the diverse MIC live music showcases, providing a means for musicians to perform and network at the most popular venues and nightclubs throughout downtown Syracuse
Apply by Oct 19, 2011
The listing does not currently accept applications.