Red Ridge Entertainment is a 19 year old entertainment company located in the heart of Nashvilles Historic music row. Red Ridge boasts a diverse roster of artists who have entertained prestigious national and international clients including Xerox, Wrangler Jeans, Exxon-Mobil, Spencer Gifts, and The Nashville Sounds (AAA Minor League Baseball team). They have also entertained, top-notch casinos such as Harrah's Casino, Caesar's Casino, President's Casino, and hundreds of others have enthusiastically requested Red Ridges performers time and again.
Red Ridge specializes in music production, booking, and talent-buying. The Production Department of Red Ridge Entertainment is nationally recognized and respected. The company has produced theme songs for TV shows, jingles for major companies including the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, and recorded albums for Star Search and You Can Be a Star winners.
This year, Red Ridge Entertainment is proud to present the Music City Song Contest: Round 2, a Nashville-based competition open to both amateur and professional songwriters worldwide. Entries will be judged on originality as well as compositional, lyrical, and melodic content; therefore a professional recording is not necessary. Songs are open to the following categories: acoustic, adult contemporary, alternative, Americana, bluegrass, blues, Broadway, cabaret, contemporary Christian, country, folk, funk, jazz, Latin, pop, rock, singer-songwriter, & standards (no instrumental compositions).
Entries will be judged by Red Ridge Entertainment, as well as an additional panel of music industry professionals. All songs will be given a rating between 1 and 5 based on the above criteria. One Sonicbids artists will be selected as a Grand Prize Winner to receive a fully-produced, professional demo-recording of their song performed on by some of Nashvilles top session musicians ($2,000 value), one free nights lodging at a Nashville hotel (travel not included), a complimentary lunch for two at a local Nashville fine dining establishment, and an opportunity to have their song performed live at one of Red Ridge Entertainments monthly Red Ridge Nights in Nashville, TN. Two additional Sonicbids artists will be selected as runner-ups and awarded an opportunity to have their songs performed live at one of Red Ridge Entertainments monthly Red Ridge Nights in Nashville, TN.
Terms and Conditions
1. The Music City Song Contest is open to amateur and professional songwriters. Employees of RRE, the judging panel, their families & affiliates are not eligible.
2. Each song submitted must be the original work of the contestant. Songs may have multiple co-writer(s) but please designate only one name when applying either online or by mail.
3. Contestant may submit as many songs as he/she wishes, but each entry requires a separate entrance fee, CD/MP3 file and lyric sheet. If paying by check or money order, one payment for multiple entries is permitted. (Entrance fee is non-refundable and RRE is not responsible for online entries resulting in faulty file uploads, or lost, damaged, incorrect postage, stolen or unqualifying entries).
4. Song must not be longer than five (5) minutes in length
5. One (1) Grand Prize Winner and two (2) runner ups will be announced on July 1st, 2008. The Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) fully-produced, professional demo-recording of their song played on by some of Nashvilles top session musicians (a $2,000.00 value), one (1) free nights lodging at a Nashville hotel (national chain) *travel not included, a complimentary lunch for two (2) at a local Nashville fine dining establishment, and an opportunity to have their song performed at one of Red Ridge Entertainments monthly Red Ridge Nights in Nashville, TN. Two (2) additional runner-ups will be awarded an opportunity to have their songs performed at one of Red Ridge Entertainments monthly Red Ridge Nights in Nashville, TN.
6. If multiple authors exist, prizes will be awarded jointly to all co-writers of any song and the division of prizes is the sole responsibility of the winner(s).
7. Winners will be chosen by a select panel of judges comprised of the staff at Red Ridge Entertainment and music industry professionals. Songs will be judged on originality, melody, composition and lyrical content. (The quality of performance and production will not be considered). Winners will be notified by email or mail and must sign/return a release form of eligibility and recording rights authenticating that the song is their original work and he/she holds all rights to it. Failure to do so will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Winner(s) under the age of 18 must have the release form signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to recording session.
8. Entry constitutes permission for Red Ridge Entertainment to use winner'(s) names and songs in association with the Music City Song Contest for future advertising & publicity without additional compensation.
9. Entries may be submitted via SonicBids or by mailing a cd (MP3 format preferred)& lyric sheet to:
Red Ridge Entertainment
ATT: Music City Song Contest
1208 16th Avenue South, #LL1
Nashville, TN 37212
10. Submitted materials (cds, lyric sheets) will not be returned and will become the sole property of Red Ridge Entertainment. Song entries will be used only in conjunction with Red Ridge Entertainment and the Music City Song Contest. The writer(s) maintains all rights and copyrights to the originality of their work.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by Oct 20, 2008
The listing does not currently accept applications.