Don't miss your LAST CHANCE to submit to get on The Game Developers Conference Compilation CD. 12 Sonicbids artists will be selected for a CD, delivered to all attendees.
18,000+ programmers, artists, producers, game designers, audio professionals, business decision-makers and others attend GDC. Organizations represented include Sony, Electronic Arts, Disney Interactive and Microsoft./n/nThe Game Developers Conference® (GDC) is the worlds largest professionals-only game industry event. With 2 events San Francisco and Austin - the GDC event attracts over 18,000 attendees, and is the primary forum where programmers, artists, producers, game designers, audio professionals, business decision-makers and others involved in the development of interactive games gather to exchange ideas and shape the future of the industry.
Organizations represented at the conference include: Sony Computer Entertainment, Electronic Arts, Disney Interactive, Microsoft, Radical/Activision and Ubisoft.
12 Sonicbids artists will be selected for an exclusive CD compilation, distributed in the San Francisco conference registration bags, given to all attendees. This is a unique and extremely valuable opportunity to get in front of the key players in the video game industry. Licensing in the video game market is one of the absolute best ways to get exposure.
This market defining conference features over 400 lectures, panels, tutorials and round-table discussions on a comprehensive selection of game development topics taught by leading industry experts. In addition, the GDC expo showcases all of the most relevant game development tools, platforms and services helping to drive the industry forward. The conference also features the eleventh annual Independent Games Festival, where new, unpublished games compete for the attention of the publishing community, and the ninth annual Game Developers Choice Awards, the premier accolades for peer-recognition in the digital games industry.
GDC is the essential forum for learning, inspiration, and networking for the creators of computer, console, handheld, mobile, and online games.
Selected songs will be high energy, catchy and appeal to a mass audience.
Terms and Conditions
If selected, IT IS HEREBY AGREED AS FOLLOWS:
1. RECORDING OWNER hereby represents and warrants: (1) that he or she is an adult of legal age, competent and possessing all necessary power and authority to execute, deliver and perform this agreement and this agreement is valid, binding and enforceable against RECORDING OWNER in accordance with its terms, and (2) that he or she is the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in and to the submitted sound recording (hereinafter referred to as the Sound Recording).
2. RECORDING OWNER hereby grants permission to SONICBIDS the right, at SONICBIDS option, to publish and/or reproduce the Sound Recording, onto SONICBIDS' Game Developers Conference (GDC) Compilation CD, subject to the terms and provisions of this Agreement. RECORDING OWNER further gives SONICBIDS permission, at the sole discretion of SONICBIDS, to digitally remaster the Sound Recording if SONICBIDS deems this to be necessary or advisable in connection with the arrangement of music on the CD Sampler.
3. This Agreement entitles SONICBIDS to a one-time use of the Sound Recording for the purpose stated above, and SONICBIDS shall be entitled to manufacture up to 20,000 copies of the CD Sampler for distribution to select partners and any other parties SONICBIDS deems appropriate. Sonicbids may make such copies on any digital media form, including but not limited to compact discs, flash memories, memory sticks or other media.
4. The parties hereto agree that the use of the Sound Recording on the CD Sampler is for promotional use only and may not be sold anywhere. Furthermore, it is agreed that this agreement does not entitle RECORDING OWNER or any other party to royalties, commissions or other forms of compensation by SONICBIDS for the use of the Sound Recording on the CD sampler and RECORDING OWNER shall indemnify SONICBIDS against any and all claims.
5. RECORDING OWNER also gives SONICBIDS permission, at the sole discretion of SONICBIDS, to use the name of the artist featured on their recording in any advertising promoting the CD Sampler, including, without limitation, on the Internet.
6. The parties hereto agree that all costs and expenses relating to the manufacture, distribution and promotion of the CD Sampler, including any shipping costs, shall be borne entirely by SONICBIDS.
7. SONICBIDS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WITH REGARD TO THE Sound Recording. In no event shall SONICBIDS by liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever as a result of the manufacture, distribution, or advertising of the sound recording and CD sampler.
8. RECORDING OWNER further represents and warrants that the Sound Recording does not violate any copyright or other rights, and shall indemnify SONICBIDS against any and all losses caused if the warranty is incorrect.
9. Whenever in this agreement RECORDING OWNER shall be obligated to indemnify SONICBIDS it is agreed that RECORDING OWNER shall defend, indemnify and save SONICBIDS any, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, contractors, helpers, as well as their successors, assigns, and legal representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, attorneys' fees and cost of suit) of whatever kind or character, on account of any actual or alleged loss, injury or damage to any person or to any property, or arising out of or in connection with said use and/or distribution of the sound recording.
10. This Agreement, and all matters relating to your access to, or use of, SONICBIDS web site shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and any cause of action arising out of or related to this Agreement may only be brought in the courts of applicable jurisdiction in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, City of Boston, and the parties hereby consent to and submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
11. This Agreement may not be modified, amended, or changed except by an instrument in writing signed by both parties. SONICBIDS reserves the right to seek any and all remedies in law and in equity for any violation of these terms and conditions.
Apply by Dec 10, 2009
The listing does not currently accept applications.