Don't miss your LAST CHANCE to submit to Indie Week and The McKee Agency, who are joining forces to deliver a knock-out lineup for the festival's urban showcase on Oct 12 & 13 at the Annex Wreckroom in Toronto, ON. The Indie Week Urban Showcase is looking to find Urban, Hip hop, R&B, Dance & Electronic acts. The selected performing artists will showcase before members of the music industry. The top band will perform again at Indie Week's closing party where the 10+ top acts of the 160+ band festival perform for top-tier industry. The top band wins headlining showcases at Indie Week Ireland, taking place in Dublin in the spring./n/nIndie Week and The McKee Agency are joining forces to deliver a knock-out lineup for the festival's urban showcase on Oct 12 & 13 at the Annex Wreckroom in Toronto, ON. They are giving acts the opportunity to perform before influential music industry members with one act being selected to have their single released by Richmond Street Records and serviced to urban radio stations across Canada.
This is your chance to showcase in front of:
Chris McKee - Owner of The McKee Agency & Co-Owner of Richmond Street Records
Greg Baptiste - Music Director for MuchVibe & Rap City
Touch - JUNO & MMVA Winning R&B singer from In Essence
Peter Jackson - Artist & Co-Owner of Richmond Street Records www.peterjacksonmusic.ca
Jonathan "Bizz" Brown - Writer for hiphopcanada.com
Rich Massiah - Owner of swaggnews.com
Jacqueline Wilson - Embrace Presents
...More to be added
The judges listed above will chose one act to have their single released by Richmond Street Records and serviced to urban radio stations across Canada.
The McKee Agency is operated by award-winning booking agent Chris McKee, who in recent years has put together concerts across Canada for international artists including: Rihanna, Akon, Flo-Rida, The Roots, Black Eyed Peas, Busta Rhymes, D12, Slaughterhouse, and many more.
8 slots are reserved for Sonicbids artists.
The top band will also perform at Indie Week's closing party before top-tier industry at Tattoo Rock Parlour on Sunday, October 16, along with the 10+ top acts of the 160+ band festival.
The top band from Indie Weeks closing party wins a headlining showcase at Indie Week Ireland, taking place in Dublin in the spring, complete with free flights and accommodation for up to five band members.
All selected artists will receive full Indie Week accreditation including access to all showcases, events, and music-industry panels.
Quotes from previous Indie Week selections:
- "Indie week is fucking awesome. A genuine group of people who believe in new music. We were selected in 2011 and now our tickets are booked to go and perform shows in Toronto. A dream opportunity for any aspiring unsigned band!" - The Suburbans
(Crowned "Best of the Fest" at Indie Week Ireland 2011)
- "Darlings of Chelsea would recommend Indie Week to any band looking for top notch exposure and a great week of music." - Robby Ruckus, Darlings of Chelsea
- "We couldnt believe it when we picked up the Best Band award quickly drew the attention of Canadian company Cool Planet Entertainment, and we signed to their label, Forty Five Records." - Niall McTeigue, Walter Mitty & The Realists (Irish News of the World, April 18, 2010)
- "There were so many great people involved, we played great venues, made a tonne of excellent industry contacts, and all around had a blast!" - Jordan Carriere, Static in the Stars
- "Indie Week 2009 surpassed all of our expectations." - Constant Season
- "It brought new opportunities to our band and it was one of our best shows in Toronto yet." - October Sky
Apply by Aug 29, 2011
The listing does not currently accept applications.