Relix Magazine's JAMOFF! is currently accepting submissions from unsigned artists for the July/August 2012 issue. One Sonicbids artist will be selected and featured on a Relix CD sampler included with over 100,000 issues of Relix distributed internationally.
Winners also receive editorial coverage and ad space. Relix Magazine reaches countless musicians, industry professionals, and music fans worldwide. In the past, samplers have included Bob Weir, Bela Fleck, Frank Zappa, Derek Trucks and 2004 JAM OFF! selected artist, Jonah Smith.
- The selected artist will receive:
- A track on Relix magazine CD Sampler - bundled with over 100,000 issues of Relix and distributed internationally
- Editorial coverage in Relix Magazine
- An ad in Relix magazine (to run in upcoming issue ONLY) and banner ad in one Relix newsletter to go out during the current month. The selected artist must be prepared to submit art for print ad (either final or to be created) within 4 days of being notified.
- The two runners up receive:
- An ad in Relix magazine (to run in upcoming issue ONLY) and a banner ad in one Relix newsletter to go out during the current month. Selected artists must be prepared to submit art for print ad (either final or to be created) within 4 days of being notified.
A few previous JAM OFF! winners selected from Sonicbids include:
- The Brew - http://www.thebrew.biz/
- Scratch Track - www.scratchtrackmusic.com/
- MiniBoone - http://www.miniboone.com/
- Rubblebucket Orchestra - http://www.rubblebucket.com/
All genres of music are accepted. Please keep in mind that even though Relix is a publication dedicated to jam bands and improvisational music, it does not consider jam band a genre. Past selected artists have included musicians rooted in Rock & Roll, Bluegrass, Jazz and Blues. Artists are encouraged to submit more then one song, but must submit their music for each CD sampler separately. Previous submissions will not be considered once that opportunity has ended.
Relix is the music/lifestyle publication created especially for Jam-scene music lovers. It is the ONLY magazine reaching the widespread improvisational music scene. Published 8 times annually, Relix has been in circulation for over 30 years and is the second longest, continuously running music magazine in the United States after Rolling Stone. In 2007, Relix's 190-issue archive entered the vault in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland.
In addition to its worldwide distribution, the magazine can also be picked up at music festivals, concerts, and events nationwide.
Terms and Conditions
Artists must own the rights to any music submitted for the CD sampler.
Apply by May 01, 2012
The listing does not currently accept applications.