The Renaissance Hotel location in Atlanta, GA is looking for great local artists to feature as part of their RLife LIVE! music series. Selected artists will be compensated for their performances with $200 and a room at the hotel for the night. The event will be promoted through the hotels local marketing team.
The Atlanta location is seeking modern and mainstream music with a laid-back vibe, with a focus on blues, jazz, and indie folk genres. All acts MUST perform acoustic.
Past Renaissance performers have included Bruno Mars, Robyn, Janelle Monae, Thievery Corporation, Robyn, Neon Trees, Robin Thicke, Bad Rabbits, Maxwell, and more. Sonicbids and Renaissance are working together to continue bringing emerging talent into the hotels.
Artists will be expected to market to their fans in accordance with best practices. Artists are expected to cover all travel costs. Do not contact Renaissance corporate. If selected, you will be contacted directly.
In October 2010, Renaissance Hotels (www.renhotels.com) inspired a new era in hotel-branded entertainment with the launch of RLife LIVE (www.RLifeLive.com), an entertainment and music platform that provides hotel guests and local patrons the chance to engage with musical talent on-site at 150 Renaissance properties world-wide. The unforgettable interactions vary from acoustic performances, listening parties, unexpected DJ sets, post-concert events and meet and greet opportunities that go beyond a quick photo or autograph signing. Renaissance Hotels created this program knowing their hotel guests want to discover something new and be one step ahead of the crowd when it comes to music experiences. These guests are passionate about finding the best hidden gems and local finds in whatever city they are staying at.
RLife LIVE continues to feature an eclectic fleet of emerging artists on the verge of superstardom while creatively partnering with such brands as Esquire Magazine, Nordstrom, Joseph Abboud and Gilt City to truly give guests a unique experience. Having received acclaimed reviews from Billboard and The New York Times, the current RLife LIVE artist roster features the likes of Bruno Mars, Robyn, Janelle Monae, Thievery Corporation, Neon Trees, Robin Thicke, Hugo, Lenka and Andrew Allen, with plans to expand later this year.
Terms and Conditions
THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM IS VALID WORLDWIDE AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF EACH INDIVIDUAL COUNTRY. YOU MAY NOT SUBMIT AN ENTRY IN THE CONTEST UNLESS YOU ARE: 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER; IN A BAND AT THE TIME OF ENTRY; AND YOU HAVE AN ACTIVE EMAIL ADDRESS AS OF JULY 21, 2011.
Renaissance Hotels (Sponsor) is offering this Renaissance Hotels RLife LIVE (Program) as a performance opportunity to emerging artists in select locations worldwide.
1. This Program is open to bands worldwide whose band members are 18 years of age or older at time of entry with an active e-mail address as of July 14, 2011. The term band as used herein shall refer to a music group that: a) performs music; and b) does not currently have an exclusive recording arrangement with any recording label that would render the group incapable of granting the rights that an entrant, This Program is void where prohibited. Proof of eligibility will be required.
2. Limit one entry per band every 3 months. Only one member of a band may submit an entry on behalf of his/her band. Each entry submitted will be deemed submitted on behalf of all of the Band Members identified on the official entry form. By submitting an entry, the band member doing so represents and warrants that s/he has received permission to enter the Program from each member of his/her band listed on the official submission form. The term entrant as used herein shall refer to each band in its entirety and not to the person who actually submitted the entry on his/her bands behalf. To enter the Program, follow the instructions at www.sonicbids.com/RLife to submit your completed entry form along with your Electronic Press Kit (EPK), which will include one (1) of your bands MP3 music files (maximum file size 5MB). All entries, including all material submitted with the entries shall be subject to the terms and conditions set forth in Section 8 herein as well as all other applicable provisions of these Official Rules and will not be returned. These Official Rules are intended, in part, to enable consumers to view, listen to and download your bands submitted song(s)/performance(s) on Renaissances website/social media site(s) for promotional purposes in connection with this Program. The entry form and all elements included with it, including your song(s), EPK and all other required material, constitute and will be referred to herein collectively as an (EPK), entry. Entries must comply with all submission requirements and content restrictions described in Rule 8, below. Read all such requirements and restrictions carefully before you submit an entry.
3. Selection of Performers. Bands will be selected by a set of criteria by a music supervisor and confirmed by a Renaissance local manager. Performers will be selected based upon: originality (25%); online fan base (25%); overall marketability (25%), and brand fit (%25).
4. Notification: Bands will be notified if they have been selected on or around a month prior to the scheduled performance via e-mail associated with their Sonicbids account. If a selected band does not respond within 1 (one) week of being notified, they will forfeit their slot and will be replaced. The option to re-schedule the selected artist is up to the discretion of the Sponsor.
5. Selected Bands to Provide:
- Gratis license of one submitted track and use of name and likeness of band for Renaissances promotional use as outlined in section 7.
- Promotion of booked gig to fans via social media including a minimum 1 (one) Facebook post and 2 (two) tweets specific to this event.
- Sound and setup for self-amplification. Some locations will provide a PA but bands must work with the lead contact at your local Renaissance as contacted via e-mail to confirm sound requirements.
- Performance on scheduled date, with a minimum 45 minute set
6. Renaissance Hotels to Provide:
- Most Renaissance Hotels to provide a basic PA for each event, but in some cases bands will need to be responsible for their own amplification and sound. Please correspond with your lead contact via e-mail prior to the event to sort out any sound issues/expectations.
- Publicity/Marketing prior to the performance via each Renaissance Hotels locations social media site(s) and/or website
7. Ownership/Use of Entries: Entrants retain ownership of the compositions and sound recording(s) they submit; however, by entering the Program, each band member grants Sponsors a fully-paid, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license through July 1, 2012 to (a) publish, distribute, use, edit, display, reproduce, prepare derivate works of, distribute, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, or otherwise use, including without limitation all musical and lyrical compositions and sound recordings, in any manner, form or format now known or hereinafter created, including on the internet without payment or further notice to or approval from the entrant without territorial, time, or other limitations, for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes; (b) use your name, image, likeness,, artist/band name, names of participating band members and each of their respective images and likenesses for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes; and (c) record and produce media content, including, but not limited to, audio, video, and photographic images, of the performing band and each member thereof at, for, or during official Program events. Entrants further agree that all licenses and rights granted under this section are on a gratis basis. Entrant represents and warrants that he or she has the authority to enter into and fully perform this Agreement and that by entering into and fully performing under this Agreement, Entrant is not in conflict with any prior obligations to third parties or does not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third parties.
Artists shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Manager, Marriott International, Inc., and Owner, as well as each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the Marriott Indemnified Parties) from and against any and all actions, claims, suits, demands, judgments, losses, costs, expenses and/or damages, including attorneys fees, arising out of or resulting from the performance of the Services including, but not limited to, any damage or loss to the Hotel or Artists equipment. Artists shall further defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Marriott Indemnified Parties from and against any and all actions, claims, suits, demands, judgments, losses, costs, expenses, and/or damages, including attorneys fees, (i) for or arising out of any personal injuries to, or the death of, any of Artists employees or agents working at the Hotel; or (ii) for or arising out of any personal injuries to, or the death of, any other person arising out of Artists Services or the presence of Artists employees or agents at the Hotel. The foregoing indemnification obligations shall not apply to the extent of Managers sole negligence or willful misconduct. The provisions contained in this paragraph shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
9. Licenses and Permits.
If any governmental license or permit is required for the proper and lawful conduct of Artists business or other activity carried on in or at the Hotel, or if a failure to procure such a license or permit might or would in any way affect the operations of the Hotel, then Artist, at its sole cost and expense, shall duly procure and thereafter maintain such license or permit and submit same for inspection by Manager. Artists, at its sole cost and expense, will at all times comply with the requirements of each such license or permit. Artists further agrees to abide by the Hotels Rules and Regulations, attached hereto as EXHIBIT A and made a part hereof, as the same may be modified from time to time in the Hotels reasonable discretion.
10. Further Entry Requirements and Content Restrictions: By submitting an Entry you warrant and represent that: (d) it does not infringe upon the rights of any person or entity; and (d) Sponsors use of the entry in any manner permitted hereunder will not infringe on any third- party rights. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsors from and against any claims to the contrary.
11. Participation in this Program constitutes each entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By entering, entrants further agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with this Program, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of each individual country. Each entrant further agrees to release, indemnify and hold the Sponsors, Sonicbids, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and promotion and advertising agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing, harmless from and against any liability whatsoever for any claims or causes of action related to any asserted injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons or property, including without limitation copyright infringement, death, sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with or resulting from acceptance or participation in this Program (including without limitation the submission of an entry) or participation in any Program-related activities. As a condition of entering, each entrant agrees that: (a) under no circumstances will such entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) any all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Program, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Program, but in no event attorneys fees. Sponsors reserve the right to take such action, as they deem necessary to enforce these Official Rules and ensure the fair operation of this Program, including without limitation barring entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules. By entering, entrants consent to their local jurisdiction.
All entrants acknowledge that Renaissance and its related entities are the sole and exclusive owners of the trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos of Marriott International, Inc. and its subsidiaries and the trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos of the Hotel (together, the Marks). Entrants agree that they will not make any use of the Marks except with Renaissances prior written consent. Any subsequent hiring of bands as a result of this agreement are on a limited basis and shall not be construed as a sponsorship arrangement.
Sponsors: Renaissance Hotels
CITY, STATE ZIP
HOTEL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The rights of the Artists in the sidewalks, entrances, corridors, elevators and escalators of the Hotel are limited to entrance to and exit from the Hotel premises for the Artists and its employees, licensees and invitees.
2. Manager may without liability to Artists refuse admission to the Hotel or buildings to any person not properly identified or whose presence shall in the judgment of Manager be prejudicial to the interests of the Hotel or its guests, tenants or invitees.
3. The Artists shall not use on the Hotel premises food, beverage, linen or similar services from any party not authorized by Manager in writing to furnish such services.
4. Artists shall pay for repair of any damage caused by Artists or its employees, licensees, guests or invitees to the public portions of the Hotel or to any portions used in common with other guests, tenants or invitees.
5. Manager shall have the right to prescribe the weight and position of safes and other objects of excessive weight. No electrical or electronic equipment or appliances of any kind may be installed or operated in the Hotel premises without Managers prior written consent.
6. No disturbing noise, animals or inflammable or otherwise dangerous objects or materials shall be brought into or kept in the Hotel premises.
7. No locks or bolts of any kind shall be changed or added to any of the doors or windows in the Hotel premises without express permission from Manager. Duplicate keys for the Hotel premises shall be procured only from Manager for a reasonable charge. All keys to the Hotel premises shall be delivered to Manager upon the termination of this Agreement.
8. Manager reserves the right to rescind, alter or waive any rule or regulation prescribed when deemed desirable by Manager for its or the Hotels best interest or safety.