Founded in 1960, Backstage is the world’s most trusted name in casting, auditions and entertainment-industry opportunities. Backstage helps actors, models, dancers, singers, comedians, variety performers, voice-over artists, and crew members find gigs — while helping casting directors, producers, directors, choreographers, photographers, writers, agents, and other entertainment-industry employers find amazing talent for all of their projects. Learn more at www.backstage.com
Sonicbids is the leading platform for bands to book gigs and market themselves online. It connects more than 400,000 bands with 30,000 promoters from over 100 different countries. Additionally, the company’s recently launched Social Music Marketing™ product suite enables brand marketers to reach and engage music fans and consumers using rich music-oriented content. Sonicbids has been the launching pad for many of today’s hottest artists and has many exclusive partnerships with premier events like South By Southwest (SXSW), Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, CMJ Music Marathon, Spain’s Primavera Pro and Canada’s North By Northeast (NXNE). Consumer brand customers include Renaissance Hotels, Anheuser Busch, Jansport, Gap, and Diesel.
Life here is different. Things move quickly, things change just as quickly, and every day brings a new challenge. We like to find what works and then find what works better. We’re looking for dynamic, creative people who want to roll up their sleeves and help the cause. Sound like you? To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the appropriate job title in your note. No recruiters or offshore teams, we’ve already got our hands full, thanks.
VP, Business Development & Digital Marketing
Sonicbids is seeking a super creative hands-on Designer. The position will be highly involved in all aspects of the job cycle from concept through production. The Designer is part of a small creative & marketing team and will work with the Sonicbids (www.sonicbids.com) and Backstage (www.backstage.com) brands as well as with Sonicbids client brands using our social music marketing platform (http://www.sonicbids.com/brands). The ideal candidate will be well versed in both web and print design. This position is full-time on-site at our offices in Boston, MA.
- • Quick and detailed design with the ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects for Sonicbids and Backstage simultaneously
- • Manages and implements brand guidelines
- • Works closely with marketing team to develop & manage marketing website design, landing pages, display ads, printed collateral, event presence and swag
- • Works closely with product managers, UX designers and developers to create designs in support of Sonicbids.com web applications
- • Supports branded marketing team (www.sonicbids.com/brands) on pitch decks, presentations, etc.
- • Manage freelancer and contractor relationships on necessary projects and assignments
- • Work with teams that are based in multiple locations
- • 3+ years work experience as a designer
- • Solid command of the latest version of Adobe CS5 including strong working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver and Microsoft PowerPoint
- • Ability to code HTML (front end)
- • Experience with HTML5, jQuery, and AJAX
- • Knowledge and experience with mobile design
- • Experience using a CMS to manage content (WordPress, Joomla or equivalent)
- • Exceptional attention to detail
- • Understanding of SEO best practices as it relates to design of landing pages, web pages, and infographics
- • Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, dynamic work environment
- • Knowledge and use of social media
- • Flash experience a major plus
- • Experience on both client side and agency side a plus
- • Prior design experience at an established company in the entertainment or technology vertical is preferred
- • A can do attitude
- • An unhealthy passion for music is preferred