Dia Dolor
Gig Seeker Pro

Dia Dolor


Band Rock Metal


This band has not uploaded any videos
This band has not uploaded any videos



This band has no press


3 song demo, produced by Brandon Friesen, coming summer of '07



Dia Dolor is looking to entertain the masses with their energetic live performances of melodic groove metal!

After spending a year writing songs and playing shows in the band formerly known as HMAO2, David Kuusselka, Darren Carlson, Eric Link and then drummer Mike Davis began looking for a new singer in January 2006. Although several prospects auditioned, it was Laura Hildebrand’s immediate sense of melody, pitch and phrasing that set her apart. The task of re-working the old songs to adopt Laura’s stylistic touch was hardly a task at all. Each song was reinvigorated and given new life, as was the band.

With a new singer, new songs and a new name, Dia Dolor announced their arrival in the spring of 2006 with groove-laced songs and vocals that grab the listener’s attention and refuse to let go!

However, as winter approached and with talk of touring and recording in the summer of 2007, drummer Mike Davis respectfully finished his last shows with the band and bowed out. As luck would have it, Dave Bouchard was looking for a band that would compliment his rock style of drumming and his energetic stage antics. He quickly jumped on board with Dia Dolor and the next few months were filled with rehearsals and shows.

It all paid off when producer Brandon Friesen agreed to take the band on as a project. Working with the Grammy nominated, multi-Juno award winning producer saw three songs emerge as candidates for a demo recording. Brandon’s hands-on approach saw non-essential elements stripped away from the songs to allow their full potential to shine through. And that was only pre-production! In the studio, the band had a blast finally laying down tracks and acting like kids in the proverbial candy store. With the demo almost complete, the summer of 2007 should be a productive one.

If 80% of being successful as a band is finding people that get along and can make music together, the remaining 20% is up to the band itself: working hard, playing shows and getting the word out… Dia Dolor should have it made!