Jeremy Dennis

Jeremy Dennis

BandHip Hop

Logan Macro defines alternative emceeing. Using poetry and rhymes to intellectually and emotionally challenge himself as well as the crowd, Macro brings a new wave of rhyming to the game.

Biography

Logan Macro defines alternative emceeing. Using poetry and rhymes to intellectually and emotionally challenge himself as well as the crowd, Macro brings a new wave of rhyming to the game.
Currently Macro is involved in a two year development deal, preparing his first commercial album release, Self Mastery Through Music, geared to be released in the Spring of 2006. He has studio time scheduled for the next few months
where he will be recording a short play album called, EP for the People, which should be available to the public early in 2005. Macro is also currently touring the Toronto and greater Toronto area, performing songs from his 1st underground release, Knowledge and Bullshit, as well as many new unreleased songs.
Since Snoop Dogg’s release of Lodi-Dodi, in 1993, Logan Macro (age 8 at the time) has been a huge fan of Hip-Hop. Growing up in Suburban Canada it was rare for Macro to take a liking to Hip-Hop at such a young age, but through an older female neighbour he was exposed to it, and embraced it with much love. After a couple years of listening to more commercially accepted rappers on the radio, Logan moved to a town called Amherstburg, located half an hour away from Windsor, Ontario, right across for Detroit, Michigan, where he began to be exposed to a more raw sounding Hip-Hop. Macro, was raised on Pac, Biggie, Slick Rick, Nas, AZ, Wu-Tang, Common Sense, and Gang Starr. With such an amazing list of influences, Macro was a lyrically gifted emcee, from the day he began writing in 1998.
Macro’s journey as an emcee began in his basement with his good friend Blake, and little brother Josh (now known as Wordsman). The three sat in a circle trying to freestyle off words out of a children’s picture dictionary, with much failure they decided to have five minute writing periods to prepare their battles, and from there the rest is history. Spending the last 6 years crafting his skill, Macro has developed into an unknown emcee treasure. Macro believes, that lyrics are the most important part of music, so when writing, he touches on various subjects in intriguing and dynamic ways. Macros personal life, the government, society, philosophy, and human nature are all typical themes found in Macros poems and songs.
The independent uprising is beginning, and Alternative Hip-Hop is at the forefront of it. Logan Macro does not just lyrically bless you, but his flow will have you thinking he was born in Brooklyn. “90% of the time I make music for myself, writing gives me a chance to fill the holes in my life, deal with my problems. The other 10% is for the people, I believe as an artist I am in the position to educate, so I take what I have learned from life and reflect it to the fans.”

Discography

2003- Knowledge N' Bullshit
2005- Self Mastery Through Music (Coming Soon!)

Set List

Song 1- Intro - Accapella Verse
Song 2- Move Along
Song 3 - Aids Epidemic
Song 4- Two Years Ago