Mello G

Mello G

 Montréal, Quebec, CAN
BandR&BSoul

Reggae/Soul as you never heard it before! Imagine the deep voice of Barry White with a Reggae flavor and a touch of a jazzy saxophone...Mello G and his band will keep you dancing and singing all night long, guaranteed!!!

Biography

An artist greatly influenced by the melodic and rhythmical sounds of the great Bob Marley, Roderick “Mello G” Thomas started his singing career at the tender age of 15 by singing at his high school concerts where he gained respect in his home town Clarendon, Jamaica.

Later on, he migrated to Montreal, Canada in 1987 and started singing and touring the Caribbean with the ‘One Love Band’. He then recorded his first recording ‘Rasta Don’t Dwell’ and ‘Get Ready’ with the Young Lions Productions which also featured Mikey Dangerous (Juno Award Winner 2008) and Iley Dread of the Kings of Kings label.

Shortly after, he joined the well known ‘Jah Cutta and Determination Band’ as their second lead vocalist.

In 1995 he toured France’s major festivals with the popular French group “Dubmatique”, after going on to win the Top Reggae Title Award at the 16th Annual Canadian Music Awards with the Jah Cutta and Determination Band.

Although busy with touring at the time with his new found band and having never actually released any solo songs of his own, Mello G was constantly recording his solo songs on the side, hoping one day to be able to release them as his own solo artist.

Mello G has toured extensively several times across Canada, France and the Caribbean, while also performing at some of the most prestigious festivals in the country, such as the Montreal Int’l Jazz Festival (several times), the Calgary Reggae Fest, the Montreal Int’l Reggae Festival (several times), opening for greats such as Jimmy Cliff, Maxi Priest, Yellow Man, Coco Tea, The Wailers, Beenie Man, Capleton, Lady Saw, to name a few.

In 2008, Mello G has decided it was time for him to go solo in order to release all those recordings he did on the side while touring for the past 15 years. He has since hired his own management team, formed his own band, started performing extensively as a solo artist, and is in the process of releasing his first solo album early in 2010, which will no doubt be followed by many more to come…!

“Heaven High… High Heaven… you know it’s Mello G!”

Discography

• First recording ‘Rasta Don’t Dwell’ and ‘Get Ready’ with Young Lions Productions

• Toured for 4 years all over Canada and the Caribbean

• Toured France’s major festivals in 1995 with the well known French group ‘Dubmatique’

• In 2000, joined one of Canada’s leading Reggae bands ‘Jah Cutta and Determination Band’

• Toured yearly across Canada and the Caribbean with ‘Jah Cutta and Determination Band’

• Performed (several times) at the ‘Montreal International Jazz Festival’ opening for Jimmy Cliff

• Performed at the ‘Vermont Roots Reggae Festival’

• Along with ‘Jah Cutta and Determination Band’ won the Top Reggae Title Award at the 16th Annual Canadian Music Awards held in Toronto

• Montreal’s newspaper The Mirror; Top choice for Nightlife ’06 Riddim Rulers with Jah Cutta.

• 2001 ‘Jah Cutta and the Determination Band released their new CD featuring Mello G in several songs.

• Performes yearly at Jamaica Day celebrations

• Performed at the Calgary Reggae Festival

• Performed for Pier One Jamaica event

• Performed extensively at The House of Reggae in Montreal

• Performed at Shazam Festiva

• Performed at the new Telus Theatre opening for Tarrus Riley, Duane Stephenson and Dean Fraser

• Mello G has embarked on an agreement with Smokeyroom Productions to record and release his first solo album in 2010...

Management:
Cezar Brumeanu
Tel: 514.217.4500
info@mellogmusic.com

Set List

Usually about 20 songs plus encores (about 1hr 30min.)...we always arrange the Set-List based on the show and location.

We can perform up to 3hrs straight, if necessary!

90% of our set-list are original songs by Mello G, the other 10% are covers. If required by the Gig, we can add more or less covers.

Management:
Cezar Brumeanu
Tel: 514.217.4500
info@mellogmusic.com