Mumbouli

Mumbouli

BandRockJam

Energetic, high-powered, big sound, and a bit reckless are all phrases that could be used to describe Mumbouli. Melding jam-band sensibilities with sonic textures ranging from deep blues dance grooves to high mountain bluegrass, with beg for mercy Irish whisky music in between.

Biography

An energetic, high-powered, acoustic-electric based quartet hailing from Boulder, Colorado. Purveyors of a fine blend of Bluegrass, Reggae, Rock, Celtic, Blues, Funk, and Jazz, incorporated into a warm organic sound and described (to our liking) as “Johnny Cash on acid meets Ween.”

Mumbouli has shared the stage with regional and national acts including: ”Leftover Salmon”, “Yonder Mountain String Band”, "Zilla" (feat. Michael Travis of String Cheese Incident), “The Big Wu”, “Railroad Earth”, “New Monsoon”, "The David Nelson Band", "Stir-Fried", "Moonshine Still", "Great American Taxi" (feat. Vince Herman of Leftover Salmon), ”Shanti Groove”, “Runaway Truck Ramp”, and “Single Malt Band”. Mumbouli delights audiences across Colorado with an extensive repertoire of over 170 songs, both original material and re-imagined covers.

While taking time to properly cultivate their groove mechanisms Mumbouli has earned a steadily growing fan base across the Colorado Front Range playing many locales including: The Boulder Theater, Boulder; The Fox Theater, Boulder; Mishawaka Amphitheater, Bellevue; Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom, Denver; The Aggie Theater, Fort Collins; Quixotes, Denver; Dulcineas' 100th Monkey, Denver; The Foundry, Boulder; Conor O’Neill’s, Boulder; Avogadros Number, Fort Collins; Wilderness Pub at Rockies Brewery, Boulder; The Attic, Boulder; Lucky Joe’s, Fort Collins; Tulagi’s, Boulder; and Johnny G’s, in Frisco, as well as appearing at NedFest, May Daze Festival, and The Mountain Roots Festival - averaging 60 shows last year alone. The band has also been featured on both radio and television in the Colorado market.

Discography

Slap-A-Billy Essentials 0.5 - Independent Release (Out Of Print)
Almost Seamus - Independent Release
Debut (Un-Named) Studio Release - Coming Mid 2007

Set List

Set time usually about 65-80mins - Pulling from a repitore of over 170 songs. An audience could expect a ratio of 60% of any show original with the remaining 40% being covers and new arraingments of traditional songs. Some of the artists catalogs we borrow from include Ween, Grateful Dead, JD Crowe, The Specials, Johnny Cash, Frank Zappa.