Hi there! It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For the best experience on our site, please upgrade your browser.
Dewey Beach Music Conference & Festival 2010
Posted by: Dewey Beach Music Conference & Festival |
This gig is not currently accepting applications. We think you might like these similar gigs.
Don't miss your LAST CHANCE to submit to the Dewey Beach Music Conference, which will showcase 175 bands on 17 stages all walking distance from the main conference area.
ALL submitting artists (selected or not) receive free passes. The event includes showcases, panels, clinics, tradeshow, mentoring sessions, demo reviews, a chance to be interviewed by Matt Pinfield, and industry meet and greet parties, where bands and industry alike enjoy lots of free food in an informal setting./n/nDewey extends submissions through July 20th. Absolute last chance! Dewey Beach Music Conference will feature 175 bands on 17 stages, all within a five block radius. Bands can expect heavily attended showcases, panels, clinics, tradeshows, mentoring sessions and the chance to rub elbows with the industry elite. Not to mention, ALL bands that apply (chosen or not) receive FREE badges to attend various parts of the conference.
What DBMC Has to Offer:
- Industry meet and greets - artists can interact, observe and learn from professionals in an informal setting as they discuss important day-to-day issues and offer critical advice
- Networking lunches - artists and industry execs can partake in free food and drink (Sushi & Jumbo Shrimp, Bud Light, Absolut SnowCones, Fiji Water)
- A chance to be interviewed by Matt Pinfield (a film crew will set up on one of DBMC's stages specifically to film bands)
- A chance to perform in front of large audiences - the nightly showcases are free to the public, so performers can expect enormous exposure to audiences filled with music lovers
- VIP parties sponsored by Bud Light
- Daytime acoustic stages sponsored by 96 Rock, World Cafe Live, Airport Circle
- A Guitar Hero booth where the highest scoring player after the weekend gets a free Dean Guitar
- And because Sonicbids artists deserve the celebrity treatment, a real Red Carpet is presented where bands can have their pictures taken digitally, as well as Polaroid (bands get a copy)
With the amount of exposure, networking capabilities, learning opportunities and overall good time, DBMC proves to be one musician friendly event.
Click here to listen to Sonicbids' interview with Dewey's promoter Vikki Walls. DBMC also offers industry cruises on the bay and VIP parties at outdoor beach clubs.
Past performers include:
Locksley (MTV found them at the conference), Halestorm (Atlantic Records saw them at the conference), Ryan Star, Flying Machines, The Kin, Colourslide, The Underwater, Melody Gardot, Eli Paperboy Reed, Dee, Jealousy Curve, Ike, The Crash Motive and more.