Hi there! It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For the best experience on our site, please upgrade your browser.
CONTEST: DSA 2014 Songwriting Contest
Posted by: Dallas Songwriters Association
This gig is not currently accepting applications. We think you might like these similar gigs.
The Dallas Songwriter's Association is seeking amateur songwriters for its international song contest. The song contest offers over $5,000 in cash/prizes to the winners.
In its 24th year, the DSA Song Contest is one of the longest running international song contests for amateur songwriters. It serves DSA's mission statements of providing practical guidance on common standards and expectations, and sharpening required competencies for excelling.
Artists submit a song and matching lyrics into 1 of 8 categories: Country, Pop/Rock, Americana/Folk, Christian/Inspirational, Love Songs/Easy Listening, Children's/Novelty, Singer-Songwriter, Instrumental. Artists may return to submit as many songs as they like ($25 per song). Finalists in each category are judged by music industry professionals, such as Grammy-winning songwriters, producers and publishers.
Songs judged on the following criteria:
- Quality of hook, melody and lyrics
- Structure: good song pattern/consistent phrasing and rhyming
- Originality: unique story/fresh approach
- Truth: story rings true/evokes emotion
- Amateur songwriters
- Song + lyrics (except for "instrumental" category)
- No more than $5,000 earned from songwriting-related royalties, works for hire, or advances since January 1, 2009
- International artists
- Artists with co-written songs
Additional Compensation Details:
- Grand Prize Package valued at over $2,000 (including Casio PX-350 and 1-year Sonicbids membership)
- 1st Place Prize Package in each category valued at over $300