Hi there! It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For the best experience on our site, please upgrade your browser.
2017 John Lennon Songwriting Contest (SESSION - I)
Posted by: John Lennon Songwriting Contest
The John Lennon Songwriting Contest (JLSC) will be awarding over $300,000 in cash and prizes for a total of 72 Finalists, 24 Grand Prize Winners, 12 Lennon Award Winners, and 1 Song of the Year.
The John Lennon Songwriting Contest is an international songwriting contest that began in 1997. The Contest is open to amateur and professional songwriters who submit entries in any one of 12 categories.
Entry fees help support The Lennon Bus non-profit.
2017 Executive Committee of Judges Includes:
George Clinton, Natasha Bedingfield, 311, Switchfoot, Fergie, Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimmy Cliff, Sheila E., Bob Weir, Bootsy Collins, American Authors
Past Sonicbids Grand Prize Winners Include:
Megan Trainor, American Authors, Gaby Moreno, Mog, Brian Swartz, Kate Rowe, Michael Rosso, Robyn Landis and Larry Murante, Jaffa Road, House of Echo, LittleHorse, Kate Schutt, Kevin Jack, Bettina Schelker, Thaddeus Rex, Cooper and Bounds, Carmen Calhoun
- Entries will be judged on originality, melody, composition, and lyrics (when applicable)
- Your songs may be entered in any of the following categories: Rock, Country, Jazz, Pop, World, Rhythm & Blues, Hip Hop, Gospel/Inspirational, Latin, Electronic, Folk and Children's
- Professional recording is not required for submitting (see above judging criteria)
- 1 Song of the Year winner will receive $20,000 in cash along with other prizes
- Other winners, based on level of achievement, will receive cash, gift certificates, and studio equipment from companies like Yamaha, Audio-Technica,
Line 6, D’Addario, and more
- For a full list of prizes click here
- Compensation Amount: Up to $20,000.00