Hi there! It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For the best experience on our site, please upgrade your browser.
Northside Festival 2016
Posted by: Northside Media Group | When: – | Where: Brooklyn, New York, USA
This gig is not currently accepting applications. We think you might like these similar gigs.
Northside Festival is reserving 35 slots for Sonicbids artist at their 2016 festival. All selected artists will receive festival accreditation, including a Northside wristband granting access to shows and special events throughout the weekend, plus a standard percentage of ticket sales after the venue has recouped production costs for the respective show.Early $10 pricing deadline: January 10th, 2016.
Now in its eighth year, Northside presents the best version of Brooklyn’s celebrated music culture. In addition to emerging and nationally/internationally recognized musicians, the weeklong festival showcases what's next in film and innovation, touching 90,000+ attendees per year with 400 bands, 50 films and 120 panelists.
This takes place in the dozens of clubs and show spaces spread across the walkable radius of North Brooklyn. Venues range from outdoor parks to intimate 100-cap bars. Participating venues for 2016 include: Baby's All Right, Bar Matchless, Brooklyn Bowl, The Gutter Spare Room, Knitting Factory Brooklyn, The Living Room, McCarren Park, Muchmore's, Music Hall of Williamsburg, Palisades, Rough Trade NYC, Saint Vitus, Shea Stadium, Union Pool and many more.
- Preferred genres include a capella, acoustic, alternative, Americana, avant-garde, bluegrass, blues, country, EDM, folk, funk, hip-hop, metal, pop, punk, R&B, reggae, rock, singer/songwriter, soul
- In most cases original music is preferred, though cover bands may work for specific shows
- Acoustic and electric acts are encouraged to apply
- Solo artists and full bands will both be considered
Against Me!, Beirut, Best Coast, Black Flag, Built to Spill, Chance the Rapper, CHVRCHES, Courtney Barnett, Deafheaven, Guided by Voices, GZA, HEALTH, Iceage, Kool Keith, Kurt Vile, Lambchop, Luna, Mac DeMarco, Mitski, Neko Case, Phosphorescent, Real Estate, Run the Jewels, Shamir, Sharon Van Etten, Sleigh Bells, Solange, The Sun Ra Arkestra, Swans, Tame Impala, Thee Oh Sees, Tune-Yards, Viet Cong, Vince Staples, The Walkmen, The War on Drugs, Wavves, Woods
- Sets are typically 30 minutes
- In most cases sound equipment (mics, PAs, monitors) will be provided, though equipment varies per venue
- In most cases yes basic backline (drum kit, amps) will be supplied, though backline varies per venue
- Artists can sell merch on-site
- All artists will be listed on festival website and program guide. Inclusion in posters, ads and content in The L Magazine and Brooklyn Magazine are also a possibility
- In most cases, drink tickets will be provided to performing artists
- Artists will be paid a standard percentage of ticket sales after the venue has recouped production costs for the show
- All artists will also receive a festival wristband granting entry to shows and other band perks throughout the fest