Hi there! It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For the best experience on our site, please upgrade your browser.
Northside Festival 2017
Posted by: Northside Media Group | When: – | Where: Brooklyn, New York, USA
This gig is not currently accepting applications. We think you might like these similar gigs.
Northside Festival is reserving 20 slots for Sonicbids artist at their 2017 festival. All selected artists will receive festival accreditation, including a Northside wristband granting access to shows and special events throughout the weekend, plus a standard percentage of ticket sales after the venue has recouped production costs for the respective show.
Early $10 pricing deadline: February 21st, 2017.
The event brings together over 300 musicians -- emerging artists, those next in line, and those that have paved the way -- for one massive party of the borough's ongoing artistic life. "Northside stands as a beacon of hope for bands and fans alike who wonder what the early South By days might've been like," Complex says. "[There's] venue hopping, revelry spilling out onto the streets, and an overall sense of community."
The music portion takes place in the dozens of beloved clubs and show spaces spread across North Brooklyn. Venues range from outdoor parks and a pop-up stage to intimate 100-cap bars. Participating venues for 2017 include: Alphaville, Baby's All Right, Bar Matchless, Brooklyn Bazaar, Knitting Factory Brooklyn, McCarren Park, Music Hall of Williamsburg, National Sawdust, Pete's Candy Store, Rough Trade NYC, Saint Vitus, Union Pool and more.
- Preferred genres include acapella, acoustic, alternative, Americana, avant-garde, bluegrass, blues, country, EDM, folk, funk, hip-hop, metal, pop, punk, R&B;, reggae, rock, singer/songwriter, soul
- In most cases original music is preferred, though cover bands may work for specific shows
- Acoustic and electric acts are encouraged to apply
- Solo artists and full bands will both be considered
- Some participating venues are 21+
Against Me!, Beirut, Best Coast, Black Flag, Built to Spill, Chance the Rapper, CHVRCHES, Courtney Barnett, Deafheaven, Guided by Voices, GZA, HEALTH, Iceage, Kool Keith, Kurt Vile, Lambchop, Luna, Mac DeMarco, Mitski, Neko Case, Phosphorescent, Real Estate, Run the Jewels, Shamir, Sharon Van Etten, Sleigh Bells, Solange, The Sun Ra Arkestra, Swans, Tame Impala, Thee Oh Sees, Tune-Yards, Viet Cong, Vince Staples, The Walkmen, The War on Drugs, Wavves, Woods
- Sets are typically 30 minutes
- In most cases sound equipment (mics, PAs, monitors) will be provided, though equipment varies per venue
- In most cases yes basic backline (drum kit, amps) will be supplied, though backline varies per venue
- Artists can sell merch on-site
- All artists will be listed on the festival website, program guide and app. Inclusion on posters/ads and content in Northside's sister publication Brooklyn Magazine are also possibilities
- In most cases, drink tickets will be provided to performing artists
- Artists will be paid a standard percentage of ticket sales after the venue has recouped production costs for the show (Northside takes no portion of these sales)
- All artists will also receive a festival wristband granting entry to shows and other band perks throughout the fest
- Compensation Amount: Determined at time of booking