Hi there! It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For the best experience on our site, please upgrade your browser.
HIP HOP: ONE Musicfest "Searching for the ONE" 2016
Posted by: ONE Musicfest | When: | Where: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
This gig is not currently accepting applications. We think you might like these similar gigs.
ONE Musicfest 2016 is looking for artists to participate in their "Searching for the One" emerging artist contest. The winner will play on the main stage of the festival and receive national promotion as the winner of this prestigious talent search.
One Musicfest (OMF) emerged in 2010 as one of the summer’s most anticipated progressive urban music festivals in Atlanta. The event takes place at Atlanta's Lakewood Amphitheatre and features live music and art, food trucks, merchandise vendors and games.
Now in its 7th year, the Searching For The One contest allows independent artists the opportunity to compete for a 2 song performance spot. Contestants must include a performance video. If selected for voting, contestants will then use social media to encourage their fans to vote.
The highest-voted top contestants are judged by a panel of A&R industry experts to decide which 1 or 2 artists will have the honor of rocking the OMF stage!
The 2016 Lineup Includes:
Lauryn Hill, The Roots, A$AP Rocky, Wale, Janelle Monae, The Internet
- Open to Hip Hop, R&B, Soul, Funk, Pop and Alternative Rock artists in the continental US
- Age 18+ (19+ in some states, check Rules and Regulations below)
- Original music only
- All talent should include photo and performance videos
- Up to 100 artists will be selected to move on Round 2 by a panel of talent buyers & OMF staff
- 2nd Round artists will be featured on OMF's website
- The top-voted contestants are judged by a panel of A&R industry experts to decide which 1 or 2 artists will have the honor of rocking the OMF stage!
- Sound equipment will be supplied
- Winner receive a 10-15 minute performance slot onstage at the 2016 ONE Musicfest
- 2 Night Hotel stay (if traveling to Atlanta)
- Promotion on the OMF website and social media
Terms And Conditions
talent submitting photos and/or video are required to submit an application
online. The Top 10 Finalists (Top 3 with the most amount of
points and 7 others hand picked by an industry panel of judges) will
be announced on August 14, 2015.
GRAND PRIZE: An opportunity to perform for 10-15 minutes at ONE Musicfest on Saturday September, 10th, 2016. If our grand prize winner is from out of state, OMF will pay for the winner to stay for 2 nights at our host hotel. Open only to legal residents of the 49 U.S. & D.C. (excluding Maine) who, as of date of entry, are 18 or older with the following exceptions: residents of AL and NE who must be 19 or older, residents of MS who must be 21 or older. Void in Maine and where prohibited by law. The "Seaching For #TheONE" contest starts 6/1/2016 & ends 8/26/2016.
** The Grand Prize winner is responsible for their own travel.
COMPETITION IS OPEN TO ALL MALE AND FEMALES AGES 18 AND UP.
All Applicants under the age of 18 must have parental/guardian permission to apply. No experience or fee is required to enter talent search.
1. REQUIREMENTS: Applicants ages 18 can enter the competition and must fill out an application for contact purposes and to conduct the competition with accuracy. All talent is required to upload a jpeg photo (1 MB max) and upload a video showcasing their talent, be it singing solo into the camera, a YouTube video of a recorded concert, a professional video or a band performing. One entry per applicant allowed. All applicants who enter Searching for the ONE are releasing permission for their photos, videos, and likeness to be used for all forms of media for all contest and marketing purposes for ONE Musicfest. Online voters will help select the Top 10. 3 of the Top 10 will be selected from the most votes received and the other 7 of the Top 10 from a ONE Musicfest panel of industry judges.
2. THE ENTRY PERIOD: CONTEST PERIOD: The Searching for #TheONE Contest (the Contest) begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on 6/1/2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 8/26/2016 (the Contest Period).
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the 49 U.S. & District of Columbia (excluding Maine) who, as of date of entry, are 18 or older with the following exceptions: residents of Alabama and Nebraska who must be 19 years of age or older, residents of Mississippi who must be 21 years of age or older. Void in Maine and where prohibited by law. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
4. RELEASE: By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, designees and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide digital and other rights to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on any websites).
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: ONE Musicfest reserve the right to cancel, postpone, suspend and/or modify the Competition for any reason at their sole discretion. ONE Musicfest reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) falsifying an entry or providing false information; (b) tampering with the operation of the Competition; (c) in violation of these Official Rules; or (d) acting in a fraudulent or deceptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, ONE Musicfest reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. ONE Musicfests failure to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. ONE Musicfest is not responsible for (i) lost/delayed entries; (ii) email failures; (iii) any printing errors; or (iv) typo-graphical errors.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by you, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning or unavailability of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, Internet service or website; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to your computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Competition or receipt, redemption or use of the prize.
7. CHEATING: Any applicant to the ONE Musicfest competition can be disqualified for cheating or any other reason that we see fit. Each Facebook Like & Twitter Tweet counted as a vote should come from a unique individual who has visited the profile of the applicant they are voting for. If it is found or suspected that an applicant is purchasing votes, using bots or automated services, or utilizing any method to artificially inflate their vote count the applicant may be warned once and/or may be removed from the competition at our discretion. By entering the competition you agree not to use any other method to acquire votes other than sending unique individual persons to your profile or the website to vote for you or other applicants by clicking the like and/or tweet button on a profile of that person's choosing. Applicants who have been caught or suspected of cheating and have been disqualified will be notified by email. Applicants who are disqualified may not enter the competition again.
8. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition or any prize awarded, other than the administration of the Competition or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Georgia State Court located in Atlanta, Georgia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Competition, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will applicants be permitted to obtain awards for, and applicants hereby waive all rights to claim, any punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Searching for the ONE Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of applicants and ONE Musicfest in connection with the competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
9. RECORDING: Recording, Reproduction or Transmission of Performance: Artist hereby acknowledges and authorizes One Music Fest to make audiovisual recordings of Artist, the Performance and the Event (the Recordings). One Music Fest and its licensees, assigns, parents, subsidiaries or affiliated entities will have the right to record the Performance, as well as any of Artists activities while at the Event (including, but not limited to, live performance, festival participation, audience interaction, interviews, and backstage/behind the scenes). One Music Fest may use and reuse Artist's voice (including, without limitation, speaking and singing voices), image, actions, likeness, name, facsimile signature, photographs, appearance, and biographical material (hereafter collectively referred to as Likeness) in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, in connection with the Event and the promotion and commercial exploitation (in any form or media) thereof. Artist agrees that One Music Fest may use all or any part of Artist's Likeness, and may alter or modify it regardless of whether or not Artist is recognizable. Without limiting the foregoing in any way, Artist further agrees that One Music Fest may use Artists Likeness in connection with any promotion, publicity, marketing or advertisement for the Event or any exploitation of the Event of any kind, including the OMF Show. Artist hereby releases and agrees not to make any claim against One Music Fest or its licensees, assigns, parents, subsidiaries or affiliated entities as a result of the Recordings or the use of Artists Likeness (including, without limitation, any claim that such use invades any right of privacy or publicity and any claims based on defamation or libel or false light). Without limiting the foregoing in any way, to the degree that the Performance includes any musical or literary compositions in which Artist (partially or wholly) owns, or to which Artist purports to (partially or wholly) own, the copyright or any publishing rights, Artist hereby grants to One Music Fest, and has the complete, unfettered right to grant One Music Fest, an irrevocable, unlimited, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, and payment-free license to use and reproduce the Performance in connection with any promotion, publicity, marketing or advertisement for the Event or any commercial exploitation of the Event in any and all media now known or which may exist in the future. As between Artist and One Music Fest, the Recordings shall be deemed works made for hire and all rights in such Recordings (but not rights in the underlying musical compositions) shall belong to One Music Fest. To the extent the Recordings are not deemed works made for hire, Artist hereby assigns all its right, title, and interest in the recordings to One Music Fest. Artist agrees to execute any and all documents required to fully carry out the intent of this provision. As to any third parties not acting on One Music Fests behalf, One Music Fest will use its best efforts to prevent the recording, reproduction or transmission of the Performance without the prior written permission of Artist or Manager.