Hi there! It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For the best experience on our site, please upgrade your browser.
54th Annual Philadelphia Folk Festival
Posted by: Philadelphia Folksong Society | When: – | Where: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
This gig is not currently accepting applications. We think you might like these similar gigs.
The Philadelphia Folk Festival will select at least 2 Sonicbids artists. Selected artists will receive compensation between $100-5,000.
The Philadelphia Folk Festival's 54-year history makes it the longest continuously running festival of its kind in the country. The festival features more than 100 hours of music on 8 stages. In 2014 two acts were selected from Sonicbids submissions. 6,000+ attendees will visit the festival throughout the weekend, with another 1,000-2,000 coming each day.
Artists are juried with regard to their quality of performance and versatility. Artists may be accepted for their ability to play a main stage show, lead an innovative workshop, showcase on an intimate side stage, or any combination of these.
Past Performers Include:
Pete Seeger, Joan Baez, The Decemberists, Jackson Browne and David Lindley, David Bromberg, Fairport Convention, Nickel Creek, Mississippi John Hurt, Ani DiFranco, Beausoleil, Oscar Lopez, Taj Mahal, Bonnie Raitt, Steve Goodman, Phil Ochs, Old Crow Medicine Show
- Accepted genres include Traditional Folk, Folk Rock, Americana, Bluegrass/Newgrass, Blues, Celtic, World/Fusion, Traditional Dance, Old-Timey, Singer/Songwriter, and related styles
- Special consideration will be given to artists who are members of the Philadelphia Music Co-op or who have played other PFS events
- Sets are 35-45 minutes
- Sound equipment (mics, PA's, monitors) will be supplied
- Basic backline (drumset, amps) will be provided depending on stage placement
- All selected artists will receive compensation between $100-5,000
- Artists will receive food/drinks/hospitality
- Bands will be part of the official PFF line-up and included on any press or promotion regarding the event's programming
- Artists can sell merch on-site