Hi there! It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For the best experience on our site, please upgrade your browser.
POP Montreal 2017
Posted by: POP Montreal | When: – | Where: Montréal, Quebec, CAN
POP Montreal has 85 slots reserved for Sonicbids artists. Selected artists will be compensated between $100-500.
Special Early Pricing:
Submissions Oct 6 - Oct 22, 2016: $10 USD
Submissions Oct 23 - Jan 2, 2017: $25 USD
Submissions Jan 2 - Final Deadline: $30 USD
The 2017 festival will take place September 13-17 in over 50 venues throughout Montreal. Founded in 2002 by fans and supporters of music, it will celebrate its 16th anniversary in 2017!
Each year, the 5-day festival presents more than 400 musicians. POP Montreal is the North American festival that provides a dynamic introduction to the next generation of musical talent and independent art forms.
Past Performers Include:
John Cale, The Kills, Angel Olsen, Giorgio Moroder, Barbara Lynn, The Dream, David Byrne & St. Vincent, Local Natives, The Unicorns, Ty Segall, Sun Kil Moon, Ronnie Spector, Bonobo, Shuggie Otis, Bernie Worrell, Grizzly Bear, Death Grips, Grimes, Gotye, The Velvelettes, Patti Smith,Bun B, Butthole Surfers, Tokyo Police Club, A-Trak, Beck, Interpol, Arcade Fire, Thee Oh Sees, Stars, Nick Cave, JoannaNewsom, Chromeo, Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, Japandroids, tUnE-yArDslive
- Artists from all genres will be accepted
- All artists are encouraged to apply regardless of geographic location
- Sets are 30-40 minutes each
- Some participating venues are 18+
- Full PA setup will be provided
- Backline will be provided for some shows, to be advanced with the festival
- Compensation for selected performers varies from $100-$500
- Selected artists will also receive festival passes
- Festival catering will be provided for selected artists
- Artists will be featured in festival press release and social media promotion
- Selected artists can sell merch on-site
- Compensation Amount: $100.00 - $500.00