Rose Street House of Music & Harmony Tours (Mar-June '12)

Posted by:  Rose Street House of Music  | 


This gig is not currently accepting applications. We think you might like these similar gigs.


Rose Street is a grassroots house concert and touring musical community, located in Berkeley, CA, bringing out women's voices through poetic and original music of substance and depth. They host house concerts 4-8 times per year, occasional workshops, and put on events in the community (including benefits for organizations such as domestic violence agencies, Breast Cancer Fund, educational opportunities for low-income communities, Katrina relief i.e. New Orleans Musicians Clinic, and other causes). In addition to sit-down concerts, they also produce "Rise Up & Dance" -- live-music social-dance events benefiting CalWORKs programs to help low-income families "Rise Up" through community college education.

Rose Street also facilitates collaborative Rose Street Harmony Tours, known as "Rose Street on the Road." Past tours have included CA, Northwest, Hawaii, Alaska, Southwest, East Coast, Midwest, etc. The tours usually include Rose Street artist & founder Irina Rivkin so if the tours specifically interest you, please check out first (this part does not apply to the house concerts). Rose Street artists may be invited to share radio/cable-tv shows together, and participate in showcases at music conferences.

Rose Street is entirely volunteer-run and volunteer-hosted, and has been operating since 1999. Rose Street seeks to select at least 6 Sonicbids artists.

For the Rose Street Harmony Tours, artists are compensated based on the tour's income after expenses. For Rose Street House of Music house concerts, artists compensated through audience door donations (which are $10-20 sliding scale, $5-$9 for low income). A small amount goes for promotional expenses (no more than 10%) and the remaining 90%+ goes to the artists.

Due to allergies and chemical-sensitivities of the hosts, the Rose Street concerts in private homes are fragrance-free (no perfume, patchouli, etc.).

Before submitting, it is suggested that artists make sure their music fits into the Rose Street mission statement by visiting the Rose Street website.

Past performers have included SONiA & disappear fear, Kris Delmhorst, Pamela Means, Erin McKeown, Zoe Lewis, Erika Luckett, Shelley Doty, Alix Olson, Doria Roberts, Rebecca Riots, Vienna Teng, Noe Venable, Jamie Anderson, Erica Wheeler, Rose Polenzani, Rachel Bissex, Gwen Avery, Danielle Howle, Irina Rivkin, and over one hundred additional artists.

Please note: For the Berkeley CA House Concerts, they booking only 1-2 months out (because host Irina Rivkin is a touring, gigging singer/songwriter, and specific date hosting availability depends on gigging/touring schedule, so selected artists are asked to email 8 weeks in advance of when they're looking to perform here). It is up to the artist to contact us after being selected to schedule a date. The artists for Rose Street Harmony Tours, however, are chosen further in advance. Once an artist is selected, she is considered for events not only in the selected quarter but in future ones as well.