Hi there! It looks like you're using an outdated browser. For the best experience on our site, please upgrade your browser.
CONTEST: 2014 Telluride Blues Challenge
Posted by: SBG Productions
This gig is not currently accepting applications. We think you might like these similar gigs.
Play your way to the main stage of the 21st Annual Telluride Blues & Brews Festival!
The Telluride Blues Challenge presented by the Telluride Blues Society seeks talented solo/duo musicians who excel in the Blues genre.
The top 6 entries chosen are invited to play at the festival's "Blues for Breakfast," held at Telluride Elks Lodge from 9 a.m. - Noon on Saturday, September 13th. Each competitor is expected to perform 20 minutes.
Who Can Enter?
Solo/Duo - any act with one or two musicians. Vocalists are counted as musicians for the purpose of this competition. Both electric & acoustic instruments are allowed.
Please DO NOT submit band demos, as the judges will not know
how you sound as a solo/duo competitor. Instead, please submit 2 clean recordings.
- Blues musicians only
- Any blues act with 1 or 2 musicians (including vocalists)
- Electric & acoustic instruments
- A Martin guitar
- 20 Min. side stage set to perform at the 2014 Festival
- 60 Min. set on the Blues Stage at the 2015 Festival
- $300 cash prize
- $200 cash prize
- A performance slot for the 2014 "Blues for Breakfast" event, Sept. 14, 2013.
All 6 competitors will receive a 2014 Festival T-Shirt, a 3-Day Festival Pass, & a $25 gift certificate provided by Telluride Music Company
- 20-minute set
- No loop machines
- Contestant order will be randomly assigned
- Recommended time limit for each song is 5 minutes
- Musicians are judged on use of instruments, vocals, & overall performance.