UnHeard Radio Battle of the Bands 2010

Posted by:  Uknown radio

 Booking 1 Sonicbids band
$0.00 

This gig is not currently accepting applications. We think you might like these similar gigs.


Summary

UnHeard Radio's 2010 Battle of the bands will include 30 bands compete for a $1000 grand prize. Six bands will compete over five dates throughout the summer. The competition will be moderated by dividing the vote between judges and fans, while allowing fans to vote remotely via online webcast of the event. The lineup will be determined by ticket sales before each event./n/nUnHeard Radio's 2010 Battle of the Bands will include 30 bands/artists competing for a $1000 grand prize, 2nd place is $500 and 3rd place is $250, starting in March 2010. Each event will take place at Mansion 462 in Chapel Hill, NC. The show will be streamed live online and your fans will be able to vote online in realtime.



Six bands/artists will compete on each of the dates below and the winning band/artists from those dates will compete in the finals. The winning artists will walk with cash in hand. Selected artists will not be required to pay any additional fees. Each artist/group that wins the first show will be competing in the finals against each of the other first round winners. The dates are:


  • March 28th

  • April 25th

  • May 30th

  • June 27th

  • July 25th

  • August 29th - Finals



UnHeard Radio was created by independent artists and is still run by independent artists. They understand that most Battle of the Bands are a popularity contest- this one is not. While you will likely need to have some fans, you don't need to pack the house in order to win. There will be a 3 judge panel which will pay attention to original sound, stage presence, and overal show. This will count for 60% of the voting process. The other 40% of the process will be based on crowd voting. There will be voting booths setup where each fan can vote for their favorite artist/group. There is a system to catch multiple voters, so do not encourage this dishonest act. Audio and video of the of battle will be streamed over the internet with online voting for artists that are not from the area.


The lineup depends on how many tickets the artist/group sells. The artist/group with the most ticket sales by 2:00 P.M. of the show date will be designated the headliner and go on last. The artist/group with the 2nd most ticket sales will be 2nd to last to play, and so on. Door sales do not count torward lineup selection.



Participating artists will be provided with an online ticketing system where they can instruct their fans to purchase tickets. The company operating the ticket system is Ticketleap.com.



Ticket pricing online:

  • Exclusive VIP access $25.00

  • 21+ general admission $10.00

  • 18+ general admission $15.00



At the door ticket pricing:

  • 21+ general admission $15.00

  • 18+ general admission $20.00